My MK Sound 5.1.4 Build thread

Looks amazing. Bet it sounds great too and even better once calibrated. I'd do something like that in our living room if I could justify it!

Thanks, no idea what it sounds like lol, only Sky has been connected up.

Hopefully we will get the big switch on Monday afternoon

I have sound, still work to be done but it’s working at least

6BC21EC5-0FB7-4258-903C-23CF7C13E314.jpeg

@Seriously Ltd, I'm just watching my 1st film on the new setup, John Wick 3, my god it sounds good and it's not even been properly calibrated. WOW.

Any Anthem owners able to help my with setting up the remote app for IOS, I can't get it to find my AVM60 (anthem is connected over ethernet on the same network) thanks

Great first movie to test out the new system.

Have you checked whether the Anthem is connected to your network in the settings? I’ve found the app to be quite flaky and often have to restart it for it to find my AVM60. Mine is also connected via Ethernet.

Thanks, what settings should I check, I don’t know my way round the Anthem yet, it’s on the latest firmware and it has an IP under network status

Those are the two things I would have suggested.

Have you tried running Arc on a computer or phone yet and see whether they also have trouble connecting? Might show whether it’s the IOS app or the Anthem’s network connection?

Do you use a VPN on your phone? I found I can’t connect with it enabled (same happened with the Denon app)

Those are the two things I would have suggested.

Have you tried running Arc on a computer or phone yet and see whether they also have trouble connecting? Might show whether it’s the IOS app or the Anthem’s network connection?

Do you use a VPN on your phone? I found I can’t connect with it enabled (same happened with the Denon app)

Yes Richard was able to run ARC yesterday on his laptop, I don’t have a VPN either.

It’s driving me mad lol

Thanks, what settings should I check, I don’t know my way round the Anthem yet, it’s on the latest firmware and it has an IP under network status
This maybe an obvious thing I and don’t want to patronise. Have you downloaded the correct add? There are two and it is Not the MRX one. I guess you have the right one, but wanted to check.

Which router are you using?

This maybe an obvious thing I and don’t want to patronise. Have you downloaded the correct add? There are two and it is Not the MRX one. I guess you have the right one, but wanted to check.

Which router are you using?

All help is appreciated, I downloaded the Anthem remote & the Play-Fi app for IOS.

Its a Gigaclear router if that helps, it’s called a Genexis hybrid for fibre BB

I may try it tomorrow on WiFi rather than wired and see if that helps.

I don’t really need the app but it bugs me it’s not working.

All help is appreciated, I downloaded the Anthem remote & the Play-Fi app for IOS.

Its a Gigaclear router if that helps, it’s called a Genexis hybrid for fibre BB

I may try it tomorrow on WiFi rather than wired and see if that helps.

I don’t really need the app but it bugs me it’s not working.
I am not a router expert, but I have found that IGMP snooping can interfere with some AV kit.

It might be work checking that IGMP Proxy and Snooping are disabled.

Thanks to those who tried to help with the app.

I got it sorted, very simple but wouldn’t work for me with my Ethernet cable attached, only works on WiFi, either way it’s sorted.

Need to sort the skirting and Architrave this weekend, finishing touches make the difference

Last edited:
Room is looking good; Rich's team do nice work from what I've seen on this forum. I like the newer S150T you have, they look a bit more rounded off than the earlier version I have, but are equally discrete in a living room set up.

I hope you have a stack of films ready to watch and enjoy on it once fully set up. :smashin:

Room is looking good; Rich's team do nice work from what I've seen on this forum. I like the newer S150T you have, they look a bit more rounded off than the earlier version I have, but are equally discrete in a living room set up.

I hope you have a stack of films ready to watch and enjoy on it once fully set up. :smashin:

Thanks, I’m currently re watching older stuff again and can’t stop smiling, I’m saving the new films until it’s fully calibrated.

Makes you realise the importance of great sound. I watched loads before the room was fully finished, watched again when finished and some films I’m watching yet again now I’ve upgraded!

I’m currently addicted judging by the number of films I’ve watched !

Glad to hear you are already enjoying the new setup.

So far every film I've watched on my new setup has brought massive smiles to my face, Mission Impossible Fallout was just simply spectacular.

I can't help but wonder how much better it will all sound once it's been calibrated properly.

I'm so pleased with how the room has ended up, the new sofa will also make a huge difference as well as some pictures going up as it's looking a little clinical at the moment.

So far every film I've watched on my new setup has brought massive smiles to my face, Mission Impossible Fallout was just simply spectacular.

I can't help but wonder how much better it will all sound once it's been calibrated properly.

I'm so pleased with how the room has ended up, the new sofa will also make a huge difference as well as some pictures going up as it's looking a little clinical at the moment.
When you say calibrated, has Rich not setup ARC for you?

When you say calibrated, has Rich not setup ARC for you?

Richard just did a very very quick ARC run at the end of a long day for him, he has to come back to sort the wiring out and install a power amp in the rack.

He wanted the MK speakers to get some run in hours on them before he did a proper ARC calibration.

Richard just did a very very quick ARC run at the end of a long day for him, he has to come back to sort the wiring out and install a power amp in the rack.

He wanted the MK speakers to get some run in hours on them before he did a proper ARC calibration.
Ah cool.

Looking stunning.

Looking stunning.

Thanks, @Seriously Ltd have done a great job, the room will look even better when the shelving and pictures have been put up.

I'm also really pleased with the lighting, we had 12 down lights installed with Hive bulbs than can be individually controlled by Alexa and the app, we then setup groups, I usually just have the alcove lights on when watching a film, they have made a massive difference to the feel of the room.

Thanks for the kind words Andy.
Just waiting on the rack ears for the Emotiva power amp.
Sounds like the MK’s have been run in already!!!
Rich@SeriouslyCinema

The system is certainly getting plenty of use lol.

I've had several messages from people wanting to come over and have a listen, once it's had the final ARC calibration completed those that have asked will be more than welcome, just bring some biscuits.

Fab looking installation and great choice of kit.

When its run in and calibrated it should sound superb.

The aspect of this install that I appreciated the most was that @Seriously Ltd retained a lot of existing kit and didn’t insist on putting in all new equipment. Admirable respect for client budget.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom