Quantcast

My MK Sound 5.1.4 Build thread

aandpwoodley

That’s sound like good advise. For Movies the Anthem will be very good and you won’t miss the Lyngdorf.

Could of tips from my experience. When Rich sets up ARC for you get him to add a profile with an extra 0.6db in room gain. I found this very useful for filling in the bass balance. Also had feedback from others this worked for them.

That’s a mighty sub you have, did you discuss going to multiple subs? like the V12 which comes in wife friendly white. Have you thought about prewiring for an additional sub if needed in the future?
Thanks, some great advice and will ask Richard to do that on ARC, I've never used it before.

Regarding the subs, I would love to have 2 but I just don't have room room 2, if I put a second in I would loose the space for an arm chair.

The wife has been really accommodating throughout but this is one of the pre-agreed non-negotiables.

Back in the day I used to run 2X SVS PB13 Ultra's and then demoed the DD18+ and the rest is history lol

Last edited:

aandpwoodley

Plastering has been completed today, this will be left to try with the decorating due to start on Monday.

Once the room is decorated the speakers and equipment will be installed.

IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG

Last edited:

Mark F

It’s looking great, looking forward to future updates.

Out of interest, what are the room dimensions?

aandpwoodley

Its a fairly small room, I can't remember the dimensions, I'm not home either, around 5m x 4m.

The AV rack is being installed Monday and then decoration starts on Tuesday (as long as the plaster is dry)

aandpwoodley

No recess niche for the tv?
Correct, I’ve got the official LG Mount for my OLED which sits almost flush, I didn’t want a recess for the TV

PascalP

Gonna be a solid setup, love them MK’s :)

aandpwoodley

Gonna be a solid setup, love them MK’s :)
Thanks, I really liking the way it’s going, can’t wait to watch my 1st film on the system.

orange55

Correct, I’ve got the official LG Mount for my OLED which sits almost flush, I didn’t want a recess for the TV
Which is a good move for the future if you change the TV.

aandpwoodley

I completely agree, I’m unlikely to install a projector but my next TV is going to be a 77inch OLED.

aandpwoodley

Decorators have started today after a small delay.

We are having some custom shelving made for extra DVD storage.

Friday the missing floor and skirting will be fitted along with installing all of the speakers and wall mounting the TV.

@Seriously Ltd will then be in on Monday to install the AV rack.

We are getting close now, another week or so, I can’t wait to get out of our bedroom, living in one room has been the most challenging part.

More pictures tonight.

Last edited:

aandpwoodley

Quick update, room almost decorated ready for installation of speakers tomorrow.

Getting closer

61E26D94-3EF9-4B6A-8A5A-1191773241C7.jpeg

aandpwoodley

The room is looking great so far, get you can’t wait to have everything up and running now.
I can’t wait, the new sofa’s will really help as well but they aren’t due for a while.

4DC11358-B85D-4E49-9F5F-503E48B76009.jpeg
9CC08908-6B9D-4923-9D97-52BD9DD23FDF.jpeg
2853293E-15C3-41D4-B2CF-54CC7148331C.jpeg

aandpwoodley

Loving the speakers! Very subtle.
I have got some older MK Tripoles and absolutely love them.
The MK speakers with the white grills really blend in well in my room.

It’s going to look really good & hopefully sound good as well

aandpwoodley

Still some finishing touches to sort.

Carpet tiles to be fitted
New blinds
Curtain for door
Equipment rack to be built
System to be setup and calibrated.

At least we are in the room now and have Sky TV back after living in the dark ages.

Will take some more pictures when everything complete and summarise the journey from start to finish.

Really please with how everything is taking shape.

11670607-CA14-4292-A02B-257671B57E2E.jpeg
89BC950F-6558-41E7-A68E-8541FA4E1910.jpeg

Trending threads

Latest News

BBC licence fee to be scrapped?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Mini LED Active Matrix to boost market uptake
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bristol Hi-Fi Show 2020 - What to expect
  • By Andy Bassett