My Mid Life Crisis SNES PI Build

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
Hi Folks

Thought I'd take this weekend out to build a SNES. Still a work in progress but having fun tinkering around with the insides.

I managed to get a cheap and faulty SNES off fleabay and when I say fleabay, I mean it. It was absolutely filthy inside and out. I needed to open it up and give it a good clean with soap and isopropyl alcohol, as well as Dettol wipes.

After that, it was just a matter of keeping parts I wanted and throwing the rest away.

At this stage I have it all hooked up and running but still need to utilise the switches from the SNES.

One annoying thing I've found is that my HDMI extension cable is not working as a port for the back. Either it's faulty or not compatible with the PI.

IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2501.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG
IMG_2503.JPG
IMG_2511.JPG
IMG_2512.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Attachments

NeverEden

Distinguished Member
This is the final hookup, so all cables connected to the switches. I also have the LED light connected to the PI. So effectively the power switch will turn the PI off and on via the shutdown/startup script - similar to my previous arcade build. The reset switch is also connected to a soldered on wiring to the PI board.

IMG_2515.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom