My love of Star Wars

When i was a kid, I watched Star wars and at the time, Really thought nothing off it. Over time it just grew on me and I now bloody love them.

I have just literally watched the new trailer for star wars 7 and I am blown away by it, I really really cant wait to watch it. Im also glad George L didn't have much involvement with it as I really am disappointed with the prequels.

The new star wars Sega makes me feel like a big kid again. Bring it on.....

Looking back I made a huge mistake as I sold my entire Star wars collection for very little money at a car boot sale. This included loads of figures and several ships include the Millennium Falcon. Really kicking myself as I now know what they are worth!
I did exactly the same, sold loads of great Star Wars figures and ships for next to nothing at bootfairs. Then bought Transformers toys and again sold all those at bootfairs and some are worth loads now.

But then if we'd all bought them and left them mint in box to become collectors items everyone's would be worthless now!

My toys were all played with but none of them got broken. Still annoyed to this day that I came home from school and they were gone. I didn't even get the money for them.

I have a ticket for the 18th December now and can't wait. I will be spinning up the new trailer again on the projector to watch it for the 15th time.

I did exactly the same, sold loads of great Star Wars figures and ships for next to nothing at bootfairs. Then bought Transformers toys and again sold all those at bootfairs and some are worth loads now.

But then if we'd all bought them and left them mint in box to become collectors items everyone's would be worthless now!

Exactly. If it wasn't for us fools selling them at car boots as kids, we'd all have them left and they would not be worth much!

Star Wars has been ingrained into my entire being since I saw Return of the Jedi at the Drive In in 1983.... the rest is history. Can't wait for Force Awakens.

I still have my entire Star wars figure collection, as well as all the weapons and accessories. I could never bring myself to get rid of them despite numerous requests from my parents. They just always seemed like too bigger part of my childhood to part with.

My first awareness of Star Wars was back in 1977 and Trevor Mc Donald introducing a segment at the end of News at Ten one night about this film that was breaking box office records in America., causing people to queue around the block just to get tickets.

It actually opened in my local fleapit on a Sunday night, and the place was absolutely jammed. To put things in context, the opening night of Logan's Run the previous year was attended by approximately three of us patrons and, unusually flush with funds for some reason, I could afford the extra 10p which gained me access to the "Balcony" section as opposed to my usual "Par Terre" digs, where I enjoyed the delights of a disrobing Jenny Agutter all on my nine year old lonesome.

Anyway, forward a year, and having endured an intensely boring short film about motocross the curtains closed, re-opened, the Censor's card proclaimed this to be a "U" certificate and the Fox fanfare struck up in something approaching stereo.

The next two hours and a bit (there was a break before the Falcon came out of hyperspace) literally changed my life.

Star Wars was the first film I saw twice, borrowing the money from my sister the following night, after my Dad point blank refused to waste another 60p as his son had obviously taken leave of his senses. I shamefully told him a white lie the following Saturday saying that the film I wanted to see was about motorbikes.

I devoured everything to do with Star Wars, and then everything to do with Science Fiction films, and then everything to do with any kind of film and now, 38 years later, i'm annoying the good folk of these fair forums on a regular basis with my complete waffle :)

Ya gotta lot to answer for George.

My first memory of Star Wars was seeing a clip on Saturday morning TV (Maybe Tiswas) and I was hooked.

I begged my big brother to take me to see it (I was only around 7 at the time) and we went the following weekend but the queue was huge and we barely got halfway down it before it dispersed due to the cinema filling up. We went back for the evening showing and got there a little earlier and managed to get all the way to the box office, only to see the people in front of us get the last tickets.

I finally got to see it the following week and was blown away and it still remains my favourite movie to this day.

Star Wars was the firs film I really remember seeing with my dad I was 8 and we went to the Odeon in Manchester, I remember coming out thinking what had happened to Vader and how could it end like that, it was the first film I suppose with an open ending for a kid. Anyway we left the cinema and the queue was round the block despite it raining. Fast forward to 2005 and I insisted on taking my dad who was 60 by now to the 6am showing if ROTS, people where he worked thought him mad but I think he knew how important it was to a 35 year old to take his dad full circle to see the final Star Wars film together.
My dad is still alive and kicking but I doubt very much I'd get him there now he's not in the best of health, but as soon as it hits BR I'll be round his house to watch it with him.
Star Wars is ingrained in my life I have statues, games, tattoos and I even named my daughter Leia, I've convinced 3 lads at work to come the with me to the midnight showing they think I'm nuts but it will be great.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom