• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My lounge setup

wolvesphil

Established Member
I have finally managed to source a TV stand that suits my needs and houses the center speaker as I wanted! The unit was free through a facebook swap shop group which makes it even better - it matches the other furniture in our lounge but was unable to buy in store as is now discontinued.

As promised months ago when I purchased the AVR and speakers I have finally got round to taking a photo of the finished setup - I may yet move the left shelf down so the gap above the xbox isnt as big. I had customise the shelf heights to fit in the centre speaker and give ventilation above the AVR and also cut the back panel so there was airflow out the back of the cabinet.
Since taking the photo the speakers have been moved to provide a more equal distance from the TV.

2hfncpe.jpg

In the setup we have

Samsung 40 inch 3DTV
Echostar Freesat HD
Xbox 360
Monitor Audio 5.1 Surround Speakers
Yamaha RX-V675
Samsung 3D Blu ray Player
Intel NUC purely to run XBMC (in bottom left drawer)
HP Microserver (media server for whole house - in cupboard blocked by subwoofer)

BM08

Prominent Member
Looks like you've got some good equipment but it looks abit crammed in there? could you not maybe do away with the small unit to the right of the pic, then get a slightly longer table for the tv, then that way you might be able to put the speakers either side of the tv. When you sat down im guessing the speakers are probably higher than your head lol not just that but it would look better too.

wolvesphil

Established Member
This probably wasn't the best angle for the photo as I was sitting on the floor at the time.

The speakers are at ear height, similar to the rear speakers which are on stands.

We plan to move house in a few months and will look for something better then, but for free I am more than happy with this unit. I do think I'd like something a bit longer on the future, possibly a ikea hack type of unit

wolvesphil

Established Member
Hi, yes but we are due to move house in the next six months or so, will look for something better when we know the dimensions of the new room. Would be interested to see some custom Ikea setups if anyone reading has some.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom