My lounge... getting more like a cinema room though!

Markyboy197

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired by some of the fantastic rooms on this forum I thought I'd share my lounge set up. (need to update my signature as it may show out of date kit).

I'm hoping to convert my garage this year if money comes in as expected. But for now I'm slowly converting the lounge! ;).

Lucky to have a square room and not photographed the rears.

Mission MX5s are lovely. Sub bit dated though.

Any ideas for improving this will be well received, I'd like to wallpaper this wall a dark brown as think this will help with contrast. SWMBO coming round to the idea!

Any suggestions welcome.

Kit:

Denon 2311/SKY 1TB HD/Sony 570 Blu ray/Panasonic 50" G20/Q Accoustic sub/Q Accoustic 1010i rear/XBOX 360/Apple TV.

image-2861695866.jpg

Attachments

• image-2274600085.jpg
    image-2274600085.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 612
  • image-4232059057.jpg
    image-4232059057.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 634
  • image-2612716822.jpg
    image-2612716822.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 572
  • image-3040116027.jpg
    image-3040116027.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 649
  • image-4122634545.jpg
    image-4122634545.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 560
Hello. Just a quick question, I notice your kinect sits on your tv unit. Does this work ok? How much play space have you got? Reason for asking is I'm currently redecorating living room and ordered myself a unit like yours, was thinking about wall mounting the kinect but if it works ok on the unit I'd rather not?

I have just measured the space from the front of the cabinet to the front of my sofa at the opposite end of the room, and this gives play space of 3.5m. I have also measured the width, from the fire place to the front of the sofa on the other wall, and this gives 2.1m.

So my total carpet play space is 3.5m x 2.1m.

The Kinect works well, I was worried it might be a little low, but because it scans the room each time you play it seems to look 'up' correctly. Also means I can run the wire behind Kinect behind the unit and it looks quite neat.

Hope this helps and do come back if you need any other information.

Thanks and good luck with yours... Mark :)

Excellent, thanks for your response. Just measured how mine will be and I think I'll have about 2.7m from the tv so hopefully is enough. Think I'll try it on the unit first and hopefully that'll be big enough.

Firstly lovely looking setup you have there, how do you find your mission front floor standing speakers and the centre? I've currently got kef egg setup but really want to upgrade to floor standing.

Off topic just thought I would mention for the kinetic question I've got mine in same place and my living room is much smaller but I found a piece of kit from GAME that goes over the top of kinect sensors so it works with you being closer http://www.game.co.uk/en/nyko-zoom-for-kinect-145949?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Kinect.

wattwatt said:
Firstly lovely looking setup you have there, how do you find your mission front floor standing speakers and the centre? I've currently got kef egg setup but really want to upgrade to floor standing.

Off topic just thought I would mention for the kinetic question I've got mine in same place and my living room is much smaller but I found a piece of kit from GAME that goes over the top of kinect sensors so it works with you being closer http://www.game.co.uk/en/nyko-zoom-for-kinect-145949?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Kinect.

Thanks for the link. Might have to look into one of those if my space isn't big enough

I believe they have updated the Kinect somehow to allow a little more "playspace".

I also have read somewhere that the Nyko Zoom makes it better for multiple players at once, not so much the "playspace". But, I don't have one and can't speak from experience. I guess it is definitely worth a try if you find yourself smashing hands on the wall or falling onto the sofa. :laugh:

wattwatt said:

I'm a massive fan of the Missions. Had the MX3 on trial which had great clarity and fantastic mid range, to my ears. But the MX5 have that and the bass that I love. Clarity and grunt would be my summary. Big foot print though and I'm lucky they fit ok, work checking in your space as they are beasts! 😃.

The centre is great too. I went for the MXC2 rather than the MXC1 because I thought I needed too in order to do justice to the 5's. Never heard the MXC1 so can't really compare, but the C2 is warm and rich and very natural sounding to me. Tonal balance with 5's sounds great to me.

Thanks for your kind comments too. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom