My Loewe Vitros on the blink

guido

Established Member
Reaction score
My Loewe Vitros is on the blink... switched it on the other day... sort of went fizz and white line appeared along the top of the screen before the picture appeared.. but now its slightly concave down the sides and about 1.5" in from the edge :(

It has also been making the odd interference noises on the sound for a while now... even when the volume muted still get odd buzz every now and then.. regardless of source.

The only saving grace is got am 4yrs into a 5yr guarantee I got with when bought from House of Fraser.. so have service engineer coming out on Thursday.

Do you reckon it sounds fixable? Would be loathe to change it as think CRT picture still best have seen.... although have read small print and if not fixable think I will get purchase price back.. so could have £1500 to spend on new TV.

Attachments

• Vitros2.jpg
    Vitros2.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 591
guido said:
My Loewe Vitros is on the blink... switched it on the other day... sort of went fizz and white line appeared along the top of the screen before the picture appeared.. but now its slightly concave down the sides and about 1.5" in from the edge :(

It has also been making the odd interference noises on the sound for a while now... even when the volume muted still get odd buzz every now and then.. regardless of source.

The only saving grace is got am 4yrs into a 5yr guarantee I got with when bought from House of Fraser.. so have service engineer coming out on Thursday.

Do you reckon it sounds fixable?

Yes. Sounds like a fault in the East/West circuit and could be a simple dry joint or faulty capacitor/coil.

Well after saying it wasn't fixable and then changing their minds, finally got my Vitros back last week... but it has come back with a load of different problems :thumbsdow

Not feckin' impressed. It just goes into stand-by when it feels like it... might after a minute, might be 10 mins. It also goes into standby when turning off say, the DVD player or Freeview box.
The geometry is still not perfect down right hand side and one of the wide-screen modes (Pan) does not behave like it did before it went in.

Phoned up the repairers and they said got to go back via the guarantee people again. :rolleyes: So have wasted 3 half days so far.. one for the repairer to come round and say needs to come back with van, one to pick up and one to drop off again... have been without TV for two weeks and its still fercked.

:censored: :mad:

Update...

:thumbsdow

It was at the menders for 7 weeks :eek: taking the p*** if you ask me... all through the world cup :rolleyes:

Finally got it back 2 weeks ago.. the switching off seems to be cured... and the widescreen mode acts as it ought to.. but..

When watching feeds from Freeview or DVD, if the picture is very dark on left hand side, then get central area bending in slightly, like the side of a plate coming into the screen, about 1/2" maximum. When the pictiure is bright then dont see this problem. Also there is slight vertical lines on LHS almost like analogue reception, but this is when watching DVD!

Not very happy - putting up with it for now... but warranty has aboout 9 months to run. Really dont want to send it back for third time and want a new TV. Debating how to make it unfixable when I get fed up with it... then put money towards something nice.

Sounds familiar... when they eventually got in the bench they initially said they couldn't find anything wrong.... then it was always parts are on order. I just don't think they test properly with external sources... maybe only analogue TV...

Shame cos I love the look of the TV and when I bought it thought it was the best picture by miles. My 5yr warranty I think runs to April 07... so am going to monitor the problem described above and see what happens... if it gets annoying then it will be going back.. and will be pressing for new TV as its obviously gone cranky!

Hope you get yours sorted.

I still love(ed?) the vitros. The picture was better than my friends 32" sharp lcd and 37" philips lcd - to my eyes. I think I may be reluctantly getting ready to go for a new tv... :(

imo loewe are total garbage

save up for a 2nd hand b&o avant

Flappo said:
imo loewe are total garbage

save up for a 2nd hand b&o avant

Everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess :rolleyes:

My TV was great until it went wrong... and then the repair company managed to screw it up :mad: great looking, fantastic picture, ok.. so sound a bit average.

guido said:
Update...

:thumbsdow

It was at the menders for 7 weeks :eek: taking the p*** if you ask me... all through the world cup :rolleyes:

Finally got it back 2 weeks ago.. the switching off seems to be cured... and the widescreen mode acts as it ought to.. but..

When watching feeds from Freeview or DVD, if the picture is very dark on left hand side, then get central area bending in slightly, like the side of a plate coming into the screen, about 1/2" maximum. When the pictiure is bright then dont see this problem. Also there is slight vertical lines on LHS almost like analogue reception, but this is when watching DVD!

Not very happy - putting up with it for now... but warranty has aboout 9 months to run. Really dont want to send it back for third time and want a new TV. Debating how to make it unfixable when I get fed up with it... then put money towards something nice.

You mentioned you have a warranty, do they not have a deadline to fix your tv and return it?. Just i had a toshiba 42inch rear projection Tv which i got from Currys last year, a fault occured on it 9 months down the line, went away, they couldnt fix it within 28 days so i was alowd to get a replacement. I thought that was a long time but 7 weeks...... ouch.

indierules69 said:
You mentioned you have a warranty, do they not have a deadline to fix your tv and return it?. Just i had a toshiba 42inch rear projection Tv which i got from Currys last year, a fault occured on it 9 months down the line, went away, they couldnt fix it within 28 days so i was alowd to get a replacement. I thought that was a long time but 7 weeks...... ouch.

Unfortunatley not... House of Fraser FraserPlan just says if they deem it uneconomical to repair blah blah.. no time scales.. still its working now except for the blip in the left hand side :rolleyes: warranty runs until 1st July next year so we will see if it behaves itself now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom