1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Local Sony Shop Just Got A Hs50 On The 29/03/05 And

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Meridius, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    HI all I went for a demo of a new sony hs50 today they just got it in 2 days ago boxed unopend brand new.

Well i checked the rom version
    ROM 01.01/01.01
    SC ROM 01.01
    IP ROM 01.02

Its the old one and has not been upgraded to the new rom shame.

The panel alinement was disgusting it was of by 2 to 3 pixels on the green and 2 pixels out on the blue it was hurendus.

Sony are still getting the old units thay only got 1 but i said to the manager it should have never left the factory it was the worst case i have seen.

The picture was exellent but never got a good go of it as i was not that interested becasue the picture looked out of focus becasue of the bad panel.

the serial number was i cant remember but it was 12800 or 11800 i can not remember if it was a 12 or 11.

Also went to my local hi-fi shop and thay said to me in 5 weeks time thay should have the new units and that thay would let me take it home to demo the projector so that i could adjust it and set it up the way i want this also letting me compair it to my sony hs10 with cr40 filter to see if its worth it.

The projected black was black so i have a feeling i will get one of these and also the best thing about it was i had to see if the power light was on as i could not hear the projector at all its so silent.

but i will keep you informed when i get a proper unit and i will take some pix to see the diffrence between the hs10 and hs50

sorry for the bad spelling and grama i am in a rush bye

2. Tempest

Tempest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,286
    I dunno.........

The more I read about this "NEW" Sony, the more I think they've really cut the costs to compete with the competition on this one.

The old HS20 was a expensive beast which was/had to be cut in price and it does seem to appear that they started off on the cheap on this one.

Perhaps I should say though, it's not cheap per-se as it's dearer than the competition by enough to make it a typical sony (if you know what I mean) and Sony have always been that bit more as you expect that bit higher finish etc.

But it's the quality control, esp this panel alignment thing they really need a good slapping over.
    Perhaps they really do need to re-engineer the mounts for the LCD panels to sort this out. Not good for such a BIG name to offer this sort of thing to customers and expect to charge a premium as well.

Just a shame that no-one can come up with a way of making the panels movable by a fraction in x and y planes under remote control.

3. Meridius

Meridius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    well i`m going to wait and get a good one to demo at home before i buy but need to know what the best settings are for this projector in all options so that i can test it

but have to say the blacks where great but the picture in some options where to dark and other options it was great but i will have to put it side by side with my hs10 with cr40 filter and hopfully someone onhere will tell me some good settings to test it with