My Living Room

lky2k23

Established Member
Reaction score
]In the last week brought my amp and speakers and discovered this website - I have lots of plans and not really a big fan of the setup i currently have.

livingroomer.jpg

livingroomkc.jpg

Did think twice about putting this pic up but though what the hell, get it on here then i can track my true progression.

My next 'thing' is going to be to get rid of my cds and have some wireless music sorted out :)

Last edited:
New TV - Panasonic TX-P46G15. Purchased from Richer Sounds after a price match with Costco :)

Wallmounted easy enough on a dry wall. Seems stirdy enough, used decent wall plugs from Screwfix.

newtvup.jpg

Last edited:
Changed the old cabinet and using my old cd/dvd ikea shelving unit at the moment - think it works ok.

p2201993.jpg

p2201998.jpg

Need to get cables hidden - thought i would be able to just drill through the plasterboard and drop them down but when trying this (in a few places) i have what i describe as a waffle styled joist system so dont know what to do - dont know which way to go at the moment...Think i might need to do some thing around the tv now as there seem like a lot of 'space' not sure at the moment, But this is it for now anyway..

Last edited:
Got some Apollo Ambient Lighting. Went for these due to the quality of pics and reviews ive seen in this forum. Very happy with the results!

imag0037az.jpg

Last edited:
its like a waffle ######### all over the wall from what I can make out.

Very nice, like the backlighting. :thumbsup:

Did you put the lighting on teh wall or the back of the telly?

Its on the back of the TV. Have 3 24" lights on top and sides at the moment. Was advised to get more but happy enough at the moment with the look of it. Dont have the funds to see what it may look like anyway..

Its on the back of the TV. Have 3 24" lights on top and sides at the moment. Was advised to get more but happy enough at the moment with the look of it. Dont have the funds to see what it may look like anyway..

This is what I'm struggling with with my TV at the moment. It's so thin and wall hugging that the lights look poo. Especially as they're not the same on both sides as my TV has all the connections down the left hand side of the back of the TV.

Grrr.

nice setup, looks like its really coming along well.
:thumbsup:
I noticed you have a sony dh800 amp, ive been looking at these for a while and just wondered what your opinion of it was.

By the way, you look like a guitar fan, i know its tiny but check out my avatar, its santana playing last year at silverstone (took the pic my self). :smashin:

Wires gone...

54235202.jpg

Now i know this is prob really poor and not the 'correct' thing to do, but i drilled through to my bedroom at tv level and near the skirting board and fed the wires through this way to the TV. My wardrobe covers this in the bedroom so i thought it was a quick and easy way to do it in the end.
83085397.jpg

58584817.jpg

Only wire that caused a problem was the ambient lighting, this is now plugged into the bedroom plugs to enable it to reach, and just put masking tape on the unit for the time being.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
New toys purchased this week :)

dsc00006ic.jpg

dsc00013jy.jpg

Blackout blind put up
dsc00010yt.jpg

HTPC XBMC
dsc00014d.jpg

dsc00017xv.jpg

dsc00015ha.jpg

Legends
dsc00009dt.jpg

Just have to get some new speaker wire now and mount the rear speakers, hide the speaker wire and ill be finished and happy I think. Need to spend time with the Harmony remote now.

Last edited:
Only problem I have at the moment is im not sure if the glare off the 20quid ikea frames is a big deal or not impacting my viewing....time will tell i guess...

dsc00116z.jpg

XBMC is running from my PC mate not xBox sorry.

Might end it all....dropped my Harmony

imag0085y.jpg

Logitch are calling me back tomorrow to let me know what my options are. Its a dark day though...

It's always great to see how someone's system/setup progresses.

lky what was the outcome from logitech??

logitech couldn't help me at all unfortunately - but i got a new one through insurance.

Need to figure out a way to get the old one fixed though, anyone have any ideas? its only a replacement screen I need after all..

Putting the cables through the wall is cowboy genius...

The new owners will get a shock when they see the holes in the wall when they move the cupboard.
Looks good

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom