My Living Room HT

Rob_Quads

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would make a quickpost about my HT I have just finished building. Its been designed so that the room works as a normal living room as well as a comfortable HT.

Before - As I moved in
LivingRoom-Before.jpg

How it looks now (9MB Animated Gif)
Test3.gif

The room is still not finished (the sofa only arrived 48h ago) but the techi part is virtually done.

Things I have learnt

Maybe the screen is a tad bit - may 1.7m would have been better than 2m
The wall with all the cables - rather than channel it out its much easier to creat a false wall/stud and use that to hide the cables
Plan Plan Plan - I can see me wanting to move the rear speakers further back.
Check existing wall switches will be big enough to take any dimmers you want to put in

Things I want to do

Automate the lighting - at the moment the spots work of an X10 controller but the switch also controlls then but not properly - wired in parallel rather than series as it should (again due to poor planning).

Looks good. I'm starting a similar front room to HT conversion with high wife-acceptance-factor attributes. Did you hide your screen inside the ceiling void? I'm also trying to decide between the 2m or 1.7m screen sizes. What makes you say it's too big?

yeah its hidden in the ceiling void between the floors.

I feel for the size of room its just a bit too bit. About right if you sit back in the middle of the room on your own but if you have a room of people then its a bit big to be sitting at the side and watching. Well for films. For things like Footy its fine.

Rob, absolute brillaint job! i didnt see the screen coming at all. looks superb, really clean, and smart, nice to see your eaupiment doesnt over power your living space, really nice

might want to vent that blocked up fireplace though....just a thought

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom