My Living Room Home Cinema Completed!

dazza1304

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I would post a few pics of my Home Cinema Install.

The brief from the wife was to "hide it all away".

Anyway, attached is the finished result.

I found these forums incredibly useful in researching the various aspects of the install, so thank you to all the contributors out there!

Attachments

• CIMG1181.jpg
    CIMG1181.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 956
  • CIMG1182.jpg
    CIMG1182.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 496
  • CIMG1183.jpg
    CIMG1183.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 352
  • CIMG1184.jpg
    CIMG1184.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 706
Congrat's on finishing your living room Dazza.

I've never heard the KEF Ci160.2R's, how'd they work for you?

I've gotta ask ..... what made you go for the blue wall's? is it a Spanish thing?

I've gotta ask ..... what made you go for the blue wall's? is it a Spanish thing?

The deal is - I do the building and the wife chooses the colours!!

Safest that way!!

I can honestly say the KEF's are brilliant - well worth it if you want to conceal speakers in walls.

Great looking install, I like the colour

:D

Moved to HC Gallery :)

The deal is - I do the building and the wife chooses the colours!!

Safest that way!!

too right mate its less ear ache,great set up very original with the dvd/cds next to the tv on the wall,dont think ive ever seen one like that forgive me if im wrong.:thumbsup:

looks fantastic, did you have your cabinets made by Jali?

No, I designed it all myself and built by me - MDF lattice panel is quite cheap, any easy to build into frames.

No, I designed it all myself and built by me - MDF lattice panel is quite cheap, any easy to build into frames.

You did a great job mate, looks the buisness!

:thumbsup:

Great setup,Well done :smashin:

Thanks for the positive feedback guys - well apart from the colour and that was out of my control!

One thing that has worked really well, to my surprise,is the subwoofer in the left-hand cabinet - if you look at the pics you will see it in there!

And trust me, even with the doors shut, the sub response is fantastic - I really didn't think it would work, so factored in a LFE cable elsewhere just in case, but now now need and the wife is happy!!

Result!!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys - well apart from the colour and that was out of my control!

One thing that has worked really well, to my surprise,is the subwoofer in the left-hand cabinet - if you look at the pics you will see it in there!

And trust me, even with the doors shut, the sub response is fantastic - I really didn't think it would work, so factored in a LFE cable elsewhere just in case, but now now need and the wife is happy!!

Result!!

I'm also surprised about your subwoofer, I thought it would sound boomy to say the least

I think the desgn of the cabinet helped - as well as having the lattice doors which allows the sub to breath, I also left a 4" opening all along the rear of the cabinet, which effectively, gives a large area of free space behind the false wall - and also allows the Onkyo Amp to run cooler!!

Great setup there!:thumbsup: You sub looks nice an snugg in there:D Is there room for a sub upgrade in the future, maybe an XLS 300/PR?

I think the desgn of the cabinet helped - as well as having the lattice doors which allows the sub to breath, I also left a 4" opening all along the rear of the cabinet, which effectively, gives a large area of free space behind the false wall - and also allows the Onkyo Amp to run cooler!!

So there is more space in there than it looks then

Great setup there!:thumbsup: You sub looks nice an snugg in there:D Is there room for a sub upgrade in the future, maybe an XLS 300/PR?

Alas, the XLS 200 only just fits, so no room in there for a bigger one, and to be honest, this little sub does an amazing job considering its size!

nice setup mate. - looks very custom:thumbsup:

Looks very nice. I guess that is a very waf friendly install.

Very nice in wall speakers. I love it.

thanks again guys!

Got before and during construction pics if anyone interested - let me know, only too happy to post.

thanks again guys!

Got before and during construction pics if anyone interested - let me know, only too happy to post.

Yes please

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom