My Little Haven

AV Happy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It has finally arrived the time when i can sit and relax in my own little haven. the pictures are not the best but you get the idea.

Resize of IMG_1088.jpg Resize of IMG_1089.jpg Resize of IMG_1090.jpg Resize of IMG_1091.jpg Resize of IMG_1092.jpg Resize of IMG_1094.jpg Resize of IMG_1100.jpg Resize of IMG_1102.jpg

:thumbsup: New pictures & new colour scheme on page's 2 & 3 :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very nice indeed..must be nice to just getaway and watch a movie in peace..looks fantastic

Well a couple of small updates. The Onkyo 607 has now gone and been replaced with a Pioneer vsx-923 which sounds great and the windows have been treated to a blackout film which has made the room pitch black for daytime viewing. i still cant decide what to do with the window frame, at the moment the favourite idea is to make a screen panel to match the wall panels and put it in the recess to cover everything up.
Resize of Rotation of IMG_1127.JPG Resize of Rotation of IMG_1128.JPG

Some more small updates, I wasn't happy with the blackout film on the doors, they let light through when it is sunny and i didn't like the look of it being able to see the white frames, i thought it looked messy. So i built a frame with 2" x 1" timber, attached a sheet of hardboard to the frame and then covered it with the same material as the wall panels and doors. then i continued the skirting along the bottom. Combined with the window film there is now no light leakage at all and in my opinion it looks much cleaner. If your wondering it is just a push fit so if in the event of a fire it can be lifted out to open the doors.

And finally i also sprayed the rear surrounds in grey to match the ceiling.

I must say i am very pleased with the results but every time i use the room i feel there is something missing. i have tried a framed movie poster in the wall but i get reflections when watching a movie so thats a non starter, any ideas would be appreciated !!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 4,387
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 4,394
How are you finding the Pioneer?..I brought the same one a couple of months ago and it's a massive leap from my Onkyo!. Really like what you have done by the way!. Great job....

Thanks Rich,
I am pleased with the pioneer it really has a nice clarity and separation. difficult to say about the improvement over the Onkyo as i am running the Pioneer with different speakers to the Onkyo. however one vast improvement is the amps display which tells you everything thats going on regarding input signals etc. without pressing any buttons unlike the Onkyo.

Mr Grumpie ( i am sure your not !! )

Sadly no Projector, the room isnt really big enough for me to warrant a PJ.

But Never say never !!! ( all the wiring is in for one ;) )

There's no such thing as a room too small for a project ;) How wide is it?

I have just tried to take some better pics, so here goes >>>>

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 4,144
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 4,091
  • Equipment.JPG
    Equipment.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 4,052
  • Equipment 2.JPG
    Equipment 2.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 4,016
  • Blus.JPG
    Blus.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 3,974
  • Steelbooks.JPG
    Steelbooks.JPG
    284.2 KB · Views: 3,977
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I am so jealous of you, this is an amazing setup and room mate. You got some pics of your steel collection, would love to see?

I am so jealous of you, this is an amazing setup and room mate. You got some pics of your steel collection, would love to see?
Cheers mate, it was hard work but worth it in the end.
I'm afraid my SB collection is only in its infancy so it's by no means as impressive as most but I will pop some pics up at the weekend

That's okay, mine is small as well I am going to post pictures sometime next week. I'd still love to see your collection, if you don't mine me asking how much did it cost for all this?. It's okay if you don't feel comfortable answering.

You've done a cracking job, I bet you feel so happy now it's done.

Morning Koda,
thank you for the kind comments, I wouldnt mind telling you how much it cost to convert the garage but the truth is i dont really know, in order to gain access to the garage, which was detached from the house, we had to build an extension on the back of our house and at the same time we built a new garage on the side of the house, so all told our bills encompassed everything in the build we never split it down into how much each part cost. I did however save alot by doing alot of the work myself, which included everything in the tv room. Sorry i cant be more help.
I started a thread about the conversion if your interested it's here
AV Happy's Garage Conversion | AVForums

Wow! Looks amazing.... bet it sounds great too! How do the speakers behave in the cupboards? Do you get any "Booming" ?

That's okay it's an awesome setup mate

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom