My little effort! Part III

THE_FORCE

Ex Member
Reaction score
Here's my little effort folks.....

For a Slideshow, you can click here instead of having to read the whole thread lol:

Our AV Home
(be sure to untick 'Embiggen small things to fill screen' in the options - top right in the slideshow)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wiPTY6s4Mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXgMVdWIx38

Current pics:

Main Room:

room1q.jpg

setup1smaller.jpg

The floor tiles are 60 x 60cm Italian Polished Porcelain - dealer not with us anymore.

THE WHITE AV UNITS ! You can achieve a similar look, by going onto the Dwell or similar website - look for white gloss tables, and just don't put the legs on....Voila !

isoview1proper.jpg

Kartell Sofa modules available here
Athos Flueless Gas Fire available here

isoviewiso2.jpg

White Sparkle rug available here (160 x 230 cm)

WALL PANELS - These are 18mm MDF, that we had machine cut. They were then painted and glued to the wall using wooden batons as spacers.

rearviewx.jpg

Black leather armchairs available here

rotels1.jpg

denonbiz.jpg

rotels1a.jpg

centrecloseupcopy.jpg

205rear.jpg

3076805049_1ef429dfff_o.jpg

Kitchen units are Mobalpa Heliante. Silestone worktops and walls. Appliances are Gorenje Ora-Ito, Miele & Siemens.

Media Storage:

cabinetlowangle2.jpg

Storage is IKEA BESTA, with HOLMBO doors and drawers.
Bedroom 1: (The walls are Dulux Cocoa Blush Number 1 !!)

bedroom1a.jpg

bedroom1b.jpg

bedroomkit1.jpg

bedroomkit1b.jpg

bedroom1c.jpg

Pc Room: (The walls are Dulux Rum Caramel 4 , and one wall is Cocoa Blush Number 1 )

pcroom.jpg

The lounger you can get here
The Acrylic Side Table/Keyboard Stand you can get here
The Hifi unit is IKEA STOLMEN.

reference2.jpg

first pics I posted:

forcesgafah9.jpg

Kit list:
Main Room:

Pioneer LX608D
Denon 4308 as processor
Rotel RMB-1575 and RB-1562 power amps
Kef Reference 205/2's, 204/2 C, 201/2's and XQ10's - All Piano Black
2 X JL Audio Fathom F112's - Piano Black
Denon DVD-3800BD
Denon DCD700S
SKY HD
Sony PS3 (Launch 60GB Fatboy) upgraded to 640GB
Nintendo Wii
Logitech Harmony 900 remote with RF extender
Ipad 2 64GB 3G
Chord Odyssey 4 & Black Rhodium cable
Qed HDMI leads & Interconnects
Z-Wave & X-10 remote lighting

Bedroom1:

Sony 46X3500
Yamaha RX-V2600
Kef 3005 SE's
2nd PS3 (Launch 60GB Fatboy)
2nd Sky HD box (Multiroom)
Squeezebox 3
Slimline PS2
Z-wave and X-10 lighting
Logitech Harmony 1000 remote & RF extender
Logitech Dinovo Mini
Qed HDMI's, opticals, and Silver Anniversary XT

Bedroom 2/PC Room:
Sony 40S2030 (used as pc monitor)
Technics seperates (sentimental value!)
Mission 73's
Sony Vaio VGX TP2S/B HTPC
Logitech Dinovo Edge
Logitech MX-Air mouse
Logitech Harmony 555
Octava HDMI switcher
Qed HDMI's and Silver Anniversary XT
Sony NWA-1000 and NWZ-A829 MP3's
Sony HDR-SR12E Handycam

Denon AH-D2000 cans

Handhelds:
Nintendo DS Lite - All Black
Nintendo DS Lite - Cobalt & Black
Nintendo 3DS - Aqua
2 X PSP Go's (White & Black)
PSP Phat - Black

Photography:

Nikon D700

Nikon SB-900 Speedlight
28-300mm F3.5-5.36 VR NIKKOR
105mm f/2.8G VR NIKKOR
16-35mm f/4 VR NIKKOR
50mm f/1.8D AF NIKKOR

Manfrotto tripods, heads and a few Hoya,B+W filters etc. !

Hi guys - I have a favour to ask:

I've entered a competition that was previously mentioned by David on here which is to win a pair of Kef Reference 201/2s.

I've entered it, but if I win then I would like to donate the Speakers to a local charity of mine which is quite dear to my heart. I'm sure that they could do with the money from the speakers more than I can, so if you can find it in your hearts to do so then it would be much appreciated.

The place to vote is here:

https://www.facebook.com/KEF.Audio?sk=app_178961892172062

The charity I would like to donate to is here:

Many, many thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Voted and deserved.

Just a BIG thank you and cheers folks for taking the time to vote for my little effort on the Kef Facebook page 'Showoff' competition to win the Custom Colour Ref 201/2's.

MUCH APPRECIATED ! :thumbsup:

:arty::arty::arty:

Hey Force!

I added it to the work's Facebook, and my own Facebook, although at one point it didn't seem to be making much of a difference! Glad you one though mate - the main one you were up against was a God awful little tabletop PC system, which was not deserving!

So, now you have a choice - do you keep the red ones to replace your 201's and get red Blades? :laugh:

Cheers David mate. :smashin: I also had no idea you posted your support on your facebook wall either so a massive thanks for that ! Well kind of ye. :thumbsup:

I didn't realise that the choice is of any 12 custom colours ! The metallic silvers and graphites look nice, as do the gloss whites, orange, lime and lemon sorbets and....those racing reds. :D

I was going to give them directly to the charity, but I might give them an equivalent cheque instead and keep the 201/2s for a 7.2 reference setup. Not sure yet.

Well chuffed to have won though, and cheers for the support. :smashin:

http://www.facebook.com/KEF.Audio?sk=app_219836451416214

No problem, it was for a good cause :smashin:

Graphite does look rather nice, as does Sapphire and Garnet, and the Snow White (Aston Martin white) looks much better when you see them than they do in the photos. The Sorbet finishes are Lamborghini colours.

Even though there's only 12 finishes to choose from in the premium finishes, paying the premium price means you get to choose whatever colour you like! So if you see a colour, find out it's pantone code and KEF will produce that finish for you :)

No problem, it was for a good cause :smashin:

Graphite does look rather nice, as does Sapphire and Garnet, and the Snow White (Aston Martin white) looks much better when you see them than they do in the photos. The Sorbet finishes are Lamborghini colours.

Even though there's only 12 finishes to choose from in the premium finishes, paying the premium price means you get to choose whatever colour you like! So if you see a colour, find out it's pantone code and KEF will produce that finish for you :)

Really lol ?!

I thought that the competition prize originally was limited to four colours - which all looked lush. Then I found out it was 12 which I thought was amazing - but now find that they do it in any PANTONE colour ?! :eek:

:clap::clap:

Good ole Kef. The white's do look pretty swift.....

I thought the prize was only in certain colours too! Those buying new would have access to any of the 12 colours they advertise, but they'll also do any colour you require.

I believe there's a white pair currently sat in a Lamborghini showroom in a special white (to suit a recently launched Lambo) - which hopefully I can nab at some point to show off in our local(ish) Lambo showroom at the Fort Retail Park in Birmingham... :D

Photos of that will definitely follow :)

What a setup!! Congrats on the design of the place!! You even got my gf's approval, and that takes some doing!!! :D

A b s o l u t e l y S t u n n i n g......the photography is simply stunning, the kit is even more amazing and the pad is out of this world very very very lucky man, have to ask what the day job is to be able to rack all this loveliness ??

I believe there's a white pair currently sat in a Lamborghini showroom in a special white (to suit a recently launched Lambo) - which hopefully I can nab at some point to show off in our local(ish) Lambo showroom at the Fort Retail Park in Birmingham... :D
I've gone for the Gloss Whites - just to be daring ! :smashin:
What a setup!! Congrats on the design of the place!! You even got my gf's approval, and that takes some doing!!! :D
Cheers to both you and your good lady Phil ! :thumbsup:
A b s o l u t e l y S t u n n i n g......the photography is simply stunning, the kit is even more amazing and the pad is out of this world very very very lucky man, have to ask what the day job is to be able to rack all this loveliness ??
Cheers for the nice comps essex mate - and love the Avatar btw. :smashin: The day job's just a little business my partner and I run. Dead boring really !

Well done mate!

It was a no brainer who would win that...

Without doubt, still the best setup i've seen.

Phil.

Booo, I thought we had a new setup to gawk over, hence "part III". I'll vote, but I'm not happy! ;)

Booo, I thought we had a new setup to gawk over, hence "part III". I'll vote, but I'm not happy! ;)

LOL the competition has finished now Bizness, but cheers for the kind thought !:thumbsup:

The Part III isn't a new setup unfortunately :(- the mods have to create a new thread when the old one hits 999 replies. Like the old Grandstand games when you clock them and the score turns to HHH lol. :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom