1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My little DIY home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Peter O Sullivan, Feb 28, 2002.

1. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I got my hands on a digital camera, I said I'll take a few pics a post them. I think it looks good for such little price.
    Looks like a reply for each pic.

Attached Files:

2. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another picture

Attached Files:

3. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One more with a part of Toy Story 2. Picture aint the best since the camera wasn't the steadiest. Might post more later or see if I can set up a web page.

Attached Files:

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You should put them on the Yahoo HC site.

What speakers are those?

Is it a converted bedroom?

5. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Retro,
    I will have to get a lend of the digital camera again and do as you said, didn't know there was a Yahoo HC site.
    In reply to your question, the centre speaker is a Paradigm CC350, rears are two Monitor Audio Bronze 2's. The prob is the two mains are off my old pioneer HIFi, just 2*70 watts.
    Hoping to upgrade to 2 Eltax Chroma fronts some time soon. I need them to try to go low as a sub, 35Hz as qouted and also got a good review.

The rest of the equipmet is
    Pioneer 626D
    Sony STR-DB830
    Tosh MT1

Also it is my bedroom downstairs. But is not considered as a bedroom to anyone else just a cinema to my family and friends.

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Why not go for a pair of Monitor Audio fronts to match your rears, then you could add a matching centre.

7. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main reasons I was looking at the Chroma's was to replace the fronts, take the place of a sub and the price. For the same price they have more power than the MA which I want since no sub. Check out the review HCC gave them.
    I know everyone says that you should match up speakers so that they give the same sound, but I don't really mind since I cant be shown a decent set up here in Ireland and hear what they should sound like. But the main reason is that I am happy with mine (well replace the fronts).
    Here is one more pic of the rear of the room with the MA's and Tosh MT1.
    Just in case you are wondering where everyone sits, I made a fold out on the bed so that about 4/5 friends can lie on it. If I can a pic I'll show you. Any other people get chairs from the kitchen (talk about cheap)

Attached Files: