My little dedicated projector room

Broadsword

Prominent Member
Reaction score
This is the current setup.

DSCF0203.jpg

And the updated pictures from here, http://www.avforums.com/forums/memb...-dedicated-projector-room-3.html#post10767201

and the start of the Devore panels are on this post http://www.avforums.com/forums/memb...-dedicated-projector-room-3.html#post10877402

The kit is:

Sanyo z2000 Projector
SkyHD
Denon 1909 Amplifier
Sony BDP350 Blu ray
PS3
WDTV Live
IR2BT PS3 adaptor
Harmony One Remote
Mission M35 Front speakers
Mision M3c2 Center speaker
Mission M3ds Surrounds
Rel Q150MkII Subwoofer
QNAP 410 NAS
Alphason Ambri ABR1100 Cabinet

And the original thread is as below:

This is our spare room which is 6m long by around 8 foot wide. My first effort is as below.

The carpet and blind was there when I moved in, but the paintwork is my fault. Probably not the right choice at the time but I wanted it as dark as possible. Anyway the PJ was a panasonic PT-AE200, strictly 480p affair which really didn't produce a good 106" image but it was fine for a few years.

front.jpg

back.jpg

Which was basically the best I could do with the time and money I had. But before Christmas I decided it was time for a 1080p upgrade and some general tidying up. The room was made for this as the gap above the speakers is exactly 16:9 in ratio. Anyway I installed the following

Denon 1909
Sanyo z2000
Sony BDP 350
Alphason Ambri ABR1100
New carpet
Lick of paint
Some framed posters

and some D-Line trunking and I turned it into this:

Its far from perfect but we love it and Im very lucky to have a room like this IMO :thumbsup:

DSCF1470.jpg

DSCF1471.jpg

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1478.jpg

DSCF1472.jpg

DSCF1482.jpg

DSCF1474.jpg

DSCF1475-1.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

DSCF1477.jpg

DSCF1487-1.jpg

DSCF1484.jpg

DSCF1497.jpg

So there you go.

I have a few final jobs to do, like put in some DVD shelving somewhere, upgrade sky to Sky HD and bring the PS3 upstairs and maybe tidy up the wires at the back of the room (ran out of trunking), but I'm so busy loving the 106" image from 1080p that I cant drag myself to do it just yet.

Last edited:
very nice mate :thumbsup:

Very nice, I would love to do something similar with my spare room, but the mrs has clamied it as her "Office":thumbsdow

Very nice tidy setup and good use of a room. Dedicated room and projector is the way to go. Well done for hiding all the cable too; makes all the difference.

How's the new projector - I'm wondering about upgrading my PJ TX-200.

Cheers
Mike

Wow amazing setup here :smashin:

i really like your projector room.

Is that the UK Serenity Quad poster I see? Good man :thumbsup:

oh, and nice set up! :)

Damn you! I have mine in a silver/aluminium frame and think yours looks better in black. Might have to change it now! :mad: :D

Damn you! I have mine in a silver/aluminium frame and think yours looks better in black. Might have to change it now! :mad: :D

Its actually a dark brown.

Ideally I would have them mounted, but it makes them too big that way and costs more. I've a dark night, lord of the rings and stardust :rotfl: poster to frame sometime. Although Ive not much room left to hang them anyway.

Very nice mate. I love dedicated rooms. Any quality issues projecting straight onto the wall? (I dont see a screen unless I'm blind?!)

Very nice mate. I love dedicated rooms. Any quality issues projecting straight onto the wall? (I dont see a screen unless I'm blind?!)

I've never seen a projector image on a screen before. So I'm happy in my bliss of not knowing how good a screen would be.

I can't see how a screen could improve the picture enough to justify the £400 it would cost for a screen.

The only issue, which is fixable is that the paint needs to be really done properly and smooth. I have a small patch where it was touched up with a brush that is thicker than the rest and on light panning shots shows up underneath the image as a smudge. I have recently sanded it down a bit and it has improved it so that it virtually not noticable now, but I know it's there and can spot it when I look for it. However like everything I don't have the time to rip all the equipment out to repaint it.

But as a budget solution its still bloody good.

Last edited:
Very nice.

Mine is even smaller! Thread to follow when finished :D

I've never seen a projector image on a screen before. So I'm happy in my bliss of not knowing how good a screen would be.

I can't see how a screen could improve the picture enough to justify the £400 it would cost for a screen.

The only issue, which is fixable is that the paint needs to be really done properly and smooth. I have a small patch where it was touched up with a brush that is thicker than the rest and on light panning shots shows up underneath the image as a smudge. I have recently sanded it down a bit and it has improved it so that it virtually not noticable now, but I know it's there and can spot it when I look for it. However like everything I don't have the time to rip all the equipment out to repaint it.

But as a budget solution its still bloody good.

Screens do make a difference, but in your position there is one easy way to dramatically improve your picture quality and that's dark colours and velvet.........

your screen is very close to the walls, as you can see, reflections kill contrast. I would have the walls and ceiling looked at. I have covered both in my room with velvet and the difference is UNBELIEVABLE :eek:

In room work for me was the difference between dissapointment and delight.... They don't tell you that at the shop ...........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom