My life with the Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 - An on-going review

snerkler

Thank you, James. I am really excited about this little camera. Your pictures are beautiful. I am shooting on manual, but it is making noise no matter what setting I have it on. The noise starts from the moment I turn it on. I ended up getting in touch with a customer service person via chat online,(I just imagine someone flipping through answers and not really knowing), they told me this was normal for the camera, however, I am still unsure. Even more so after your posting.
Any chance you can film it and put it up on youtube and then post the link on here? From a quick look on the web people are complaining of a noise during video but say it's ok for stills.

cajuninkentucky

Novice Member
I am sorry, but I don't have a way of putting up in youtube. I did see several videos on the subject of noise issue during filming. I've researched the noise issue thoroughly before posting the question here. I've been to just about every forum possible :) I bought the camera online from a box store. It was an "out of the box" camera in excellent condition according to the store. Their policy on returns/exchanges are excellent. I am going to bring this one back and get an exchange. Thank you so much for your help.

snerkler

I am sorry, but I don't have a way of putting up in youtube. I did see several videos on the subject of noise issue during filming. I've researched the noise issue thoroughly before posting the question here. I've been to just about every forum possible :) I bought the camera online from a box store. It was an "out of the box" camera in excellent condition according to the store. Their policy on returns/exchanges are excellent. I am going to bring this one back and get an exchange. Thank you so much for your help.
That's what I'd do too. If the next one's the same then you know it's normal and then you'll have to decide whether it's something you can put up with, or whether you need to consider a different model.

cajuninkentucky

Novice Member
I returned it, the sales clerk agreed it was making an odd noise. I ordered another one, as Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part. Thank you all for your help. (I tried to edit my previous post to say "on youtube" instead of in youtube, but I kept getting an error/spam note).

jamski07

Thank you, James. I am really excited about this little camera. Your pictures are beautiful. I am shooting on manual, but it is making noise no matter what setting I have it on. The noise starts from the moment I turn it on. I ended up getting in touch with a customer service person via chat online,(I just imagine someone flipping through answers and not really knowing), they told me this was normal for the camera, however, I am still unsure. Even more so after your posting.

Thanks very much. The only noise I get it with the zoom as it's electronic, but if the camera is on and just sitting there I can't hear anything. Hope the new one is better. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom