• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My LG G6 died, maybe also time to upgrade for better indoor video?

LaDjA

Novice Member
I've been using my LG G6 to shoot indoor talking head videos (the lighting is OK, but not amazing). The phone screen broke yesterday, so I need a new one.
The G6 did an OK job for my videos, but it wasn't great (and also not the easiest to control while shooting myself using the back camera), so I'm contemplating an upgrade. However, price is an important consideration.
The devices I'm currently considering are:
LG G6
LG V30 or Pixel 2 XL (at about 40% more than the LG G6)
OnePlus 6T or LG G7 (at about double the price of the G6)

Do any of these have clear advantages that justify these price differences for my use case (i.e. more about mediocre light video recording, especially when it comes to exposure, color and crispness of video than about wide angle, video stabilization, autofocus speed and many other things that are simply not so crucial for me)?
Are there any others that should definitely be on my radar?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom