Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

My LCD, an epic adventure

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by akki007, Jun 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    After a few weeks of deciding which 26/27" LCD to go for, yesterday I fanally decide (rightly or wrongly) to go for the Logik 27" from Dixon$. So I call Oldham... £599, none in stock.

Off I trot to manchester in search, I get to Dixon$ and there it is, £549. Bargain, I buy one. But that is not where my story ends, oh no.

The manager tells me that for £80 I can have a glass stand and a DVD player. Hmmm, but I dont need a stand I tell the guy. So to my suprise, he says. "You can have a DVD recorder for up to £150". "OK" says I. I choose this...

DVD Recorder

As this comes to £130, I also get a set of component leads and a pack of 10 DVD+RW. Cool. So at the til...

"£580 please". ???? Surely he means £630? No, he had to take off the "selling" price of the glass stand and the original DVD player which brought my price down to £580! So at the end of yesterday, I had a £599 27" LCD, a £130 DVD recorder, a set of component leads and a pack of 10 DVDs, all for £580!!

I had to share.

I shall look forward to taking the TV back when it inevitabley goes pear shaped.

Peace! :clap:

2. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You lucky son of an apple tree! :hiya:.

Well, young master, I hope this journey has made you wise, and strong within.

Phil.

3. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I hope the TV is good when it arrives on saturday. I could not be bothered searching any longer and I only had a small budget.

4. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure it will be.

I opted for the Toshiba 27WL55 for £479 though! :). Should be arriving today hopefully. :).

Phil.

5. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Did it arrive? How is it looking?