1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My LCD, an epic adventure

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by akki007, Jun 2, 2005.

1. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    After a few weeks of deciding which 26/27" LCD to go for, yesterday I fanally decide (rightly or wrongly) to go for the Logik 27" from Dixon$. So I call Oldham... £599, none in stock.

Off I trot to manchester in search, I get to Dixon$ and there it is, £549. Bargain, I buy one. But that is not where my story ends, oh no.

The manager tells me that for £80 I can have a glass stand and a DVD player. Hmmm, but I dont need a stand I tell the guy. So to my suprise, he says. "You can have a DVD recorder for up to £150". "OK" says I. I choose this...

DVD Recorder

As this comes to £130, I also get a set of component leads and a pack of 10 DVD+RW. Cool. So at the til...

"£580 please". ???? Surely he means £630? No, he had to take off the "selling" price of the glass stand and the original DVD player which brought my price down to £580! So at the end of yesterday, I had a £599 27" LCD, a £130 DVD recorder, a set of component leads and a pack of 10 DVDs, all for £580!!

I had to share.

I shall look forward to taking the TV back when it inevitabley goes pear shaped.

Peace! :clap:

2. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You lucky son of an apple tree! :hiya:.

Well, young master, I hope this journey has made you wise, and strong within.

Phil.

3. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I hope the TV is good when it arrives on saturday. I could not be bothered searching any longer and I only had a small budget.

4. OvertoneBliss

OvertoneBliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure it will be.

I opted for the Toshiba 27WL55 for £479 though! :). Should be arriving today hopefully. :).

Phil.

5. akki007

akki007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Did it arrive? How is it looking?