1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My LC26GA4E impossible to tune!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by sharplcdfan, Jan 14, 2005.

1. sharplcdfan

sharplcdfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I have bought a Sharp LC26GA4E based on all your opinions of this brilliant TV.

I got it yesterday and plugged in the power cord, then put in my rf antenna (coax I think is the name for this cable) into the coax plug on the back of the TV. I definately get a full antenna signal through this cable as it is what I use to watch all my terretrial TV on the other TV.

When I switch on, I run the automatic tuner application without changing any other settings, and boom off it goes on its merry way looking through the spectrum.

Every so often it scans through a channel, gets a beautiful picture and then scans on without stopping or logging the channel. This happens for all the terrestrial channels on the spectrum. By the time it gets to the end of the spectrum, it declares it has not found any channels!!!!!

I have never had any problem with auto tuning the many TVs I have had, in fact it is much the easiest part of the setup process normally!

Does anyone have any ideas of what is not working here?? :lease:

Thanks

2. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Hmmmm strange one that, when i got mine it set up exactly like you said but logged all channels, try ringing Sharp helpine

3. sharplcdfan

sharplcdfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, did you connect the antenna via coax cable? Did you change any settings prior to starting the tuning process?

thanks

4. gloriousbach

gloriousbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No other ideas guys!!!! Im stuck on this one!!

5. deadred

deadred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I connected through my coax and didn't change any settings until it had finished setting up

6. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have one of these TVs, but does it let you follow the manual tuning method? I think there should be instructions to do the scan manually - then you should be able to label channels as they come up (and then re-order them if necessary).

7. gloriousbach

gloriousbach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Alan, yes this si the way I've had to do it, but since I don't know the terrestrial channel locations on the spectrum I have had to do it manually, with the result that I am sure some of the channels are not tuned completely correctly!

8. Taplow

Taplow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi SharpLCDFAN, This may or may not help but there is a reset button on the back of the set, if all your connections are in the right place this could work. Have you changed the settings on your DVD to accomadate your new LCD.

Regards - Taplow