• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My launch day console just showed me the RROD then fixed itself!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bongo123

This weekend i got the dreaded 3 red rings, and after suitably crying into my beer on sat night i resigned myself to being xboxless for the foreseeable, then on sun i switched it on to show a mate and hey presto, the bloody thing is back to life!?, now i didn't play any games on it, have been quite busy so i'm hoping against hope the bloody thing is working again (truth be told I'm afraid to switch it back on lol), has anyone else suffered anything similar? is this a warning telling me my console is about to bite to bullet or was it just a glitch in the matrix? Thanks. :thumbsup:

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Mine did the same.....then died a day later :/

redmarkred

This weekend i got the dreaded 3 red rings, and after suitably crying into my beer on sat night i resigned myself to being xboxless for the foreseeable, then on sun i switched it on to show a mate and hey presto, the bloody thing is back to life!?, now i didn't play any games on it, have been quite busy so i'm hoping against hope the bloody thing is working again (truth be told I'm afraid to switch it back on lol), has anyone else suffered anything similar? is this a warning telling me my console is about to bite to bullet or was it just a glitch in the matrix? Thanks. :thumbsup:

I got the same thing about 6 months ago! I was playing a game...paused it and left the room for 5 minutes came back in and the 360 was showing 3 red lights and the screen was blank. Like yourself I thought that my 360 was dead! However I turned it on and off and it worked fine (no more red lights). So far it's worked perfectly ever since. :)

daveaka

Fingers crossed it doesn't have a relapse matey....

RidleyDeckard

I used to get the same problem with my launch day console, sometimes just leaving it 10 minutes or so wasn't enough and I had to also unplug everything connected to it, ie power supply, video leads, controllers, everything and then plugged it all back together and then it would come back to life.

Typically a few months later the graphics board on it died, so I had to get a replacement.

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
I had the RROD once turned it off didn't get it for months, then it happened again and again and then it died:(

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Sounds like its time to think about trading it in TBH, get a nice new shiny premium or if your so inclined an elite.

Was worth it for me for the improved hsf and not having to worry about a launch console any more,

bongo123

Sounds like its time to think about trading it in TBH, get a nice new shiny premium or if your so inclined an eluite.

Was worth it for me for the improved hsf and not having to worry about a launch console any more,

I think u may be right there, think ill take it to gamestop and trade it in for an elite before the thing up and dies on me

redmarkred

The 3 red lights don't just mean a hardware failure! I think a power surge can cause them.

BD Ashby

I got the same thing about 6 months ago! I was playing a game...paused it and left the room for 5 minutes came back in and the 360 was showing 3 red lights and the screen was blank. Like yourself I thought that my 360 was dead! However I turned it on and off and it worked fine (no more red lights). So far it's worked perfectly ever since. :)

Ive had the same thing happen no probs since :thumbsup:

kalel795

same thing happened to mine last week, and now its really dead, so its off to MS to be fixed

jamiey

Mine did the same and then died week later (the Curse of Forza)

aardel

Mine started freezing yesterday, thought it must have been the disk until i got the dreaded 3 red lights, Now it switches on but sometimes freezes at startup. Hopefully i can trade it in for a PS3 before it totally dies

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom