My last thread, Help me make my final decision

A

AC05

After too long searching for the perfect projector i have decided enough is enough and i am going to finally pick one. Here is what i am thinking at the moment.

The Benq W100 - I like it, good picture quality, but not hi-def so not future proof.

The Panasonic AE500 - Nice budget hi-def projector under £500

The Toshiba MT200 - Looks great for the price but screen size would be small in my room.

Plus any other projectors £500 or below anyone can recommend.

Thanks.

I'm nowhere near an expert on any of these, but if you -after hours and hours of research- narrowed it down to these three, all meeting your demands... simply pick the one that looks nicest :D

I'd say the HD ready is nice, so the AE500 has the edge there. Been running on a VPL-VW10HT Sony which runs 1366x768 native, it IS nice if only you have HD material. With my recent purchase of a xbox 360 I do. I'm in the process of upgrading to a Sanyo Z3, haven't seen it in action yet (broken lamp) but also HD ready/native.

As you mention the Toshiba has a small size screen in your room... it seems the AE500 has and can do all you want and at a good price, whereas the others suffer at least some disadvantage each of them.

Simple then :cool:
Good luck and enjoy!

I would go with the AE500. Good resolution, digital input (dvi), low visible screendoor, 1300:1 contrast ratio (claimed), excellent colour decoding, vast array of image adjustments (if needed) and generaly regarded as being superior to the Sanyo Z2 (its closest competition).

High Def is the future, if you buy a SD projector, you will be wanting to upgrade from day one! The AE500 may not be up today's standards with regards to contrast/brightness but it does score with good resolution, good de-interlacing and excellent colours.
I'd go for this one out of those mentioned if I were you!

I've owned a Hitachi TX100 which is a step up from the Panny AE500 and is also a high def pj. I've recently just bought a Tosh MT200 which is a standard def dlp machine.

For standard dvd's.

The MT200 blows the TX100 away. The contrast and blacks are really impressive. The Benq W100 is going to be very similar to the MT200 although the MT200 is only about 350 quid at the mo.

Ok, thanks everyone. I've narrowed it down to the Benq and the Panasonic, but i still can't decide! :)

I know your budget is sub £500 but for an extra £200ish perhaps you should consider the new Optoma H70.

http://www.digitalprojectorshop.com/projector/projectors.asp?id=942&t=opt

For an extra £200 notes this will really be a significant step up in terms of picture quality from the other machines in your list plus Optoma's customer service record in my experience has been 2nd to none.

The H70 would last you a good number of years before needing to upgrade and as a native HD machine it will out perform the AE500 in almost all respects.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom