My last day with OKYNO

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by dlemon, Jan 6, 2012.

1. dlemon

dlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello, D-DAY has arrived, do I get rid of ONKYO 609, and get Denon 2312, this is my last day to return onkyo before Im stuck with it, I have spent a week looking through these forums for some help and have found a lot of conflicting items relating to both products, I have not heard the DENON going yet, but will be leaving in about an hour or so to hear it, and then this will really confuse me, Im just looking the best amp for sound quality as looks do not bother me (as wife says its just a black box lol). Both products are of same pricing or so, my previous amp was the Yamaha rvx 1800, and dont want to take a backward step, so guys can you please advise, ONKYO or DENON,

Thanks Guys

2. scottthehat

scottthehat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,799
    what do you not like about the onkyo and what do you think the denon will have over it.
    scott

3. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,652
    Do both of them satisfy you in terms of their features ? Or do you lean more towards one of them because it has something that the other one doesn't ?

After you've heard both of them, preferably with your speakers, it's really down to you. Many buy amps/receivers without even hearing them, so you are at an advantage there.

Listen to them, pick one and enjoy it. Then upgrade soon :laugh: ;)

4. dlemon

dlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Im leaning towards the DENON because it has airplay, where as the ONKYO has spotify which I wouldnt know how to use or work, but that aside I cant help thinking the denon is a better amp, maybe Im just biased, Ive never had Onkyo before, I have had MARANTZ, SONY & YAMAHA, you guys are right, I should just make the decision and be happy with it, but I cant help it, any other views fellas & girls

5. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,652
    I dont mean to confuse the situation any more but, you can always add Airplay to the Onkyo via an Apple TV ;)

6. duvl

duvl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Spotify is very easy though you would need a premium account which costs £10 per month. The user interface apps are free for your pc/ipad/iphone/android etc and give access to millions of tracks/albums/artists. If it was me, spotify would win over airplay so hence I'd choose the Onkyo. Good luck either way.

7. dlemon

dlemon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I dont have some of the high end kit that some guys have on here, all I have is a,
    PANASONIC 50 ST (which is just new and is the cause of this amp situation, just needed 3d pass through)
    KEF 3005 se speakers,
    SKY PLUS HD
    PS 3
    PANASONIC BLU RAY 210
    Finally am I taking a step backwards on either of these 2 choices from the yamaha 1800, I know tech has moved on quite a bit from this as Ive had it nearly 5 years now, (well its gone now, already sold), so I was thinking that the 2 shortlisted would be on it with par now, is this the case, and are both choices very similiar

8. scottthehat

scottthehat
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,799
    I think you will finD it hard to tell the difference, both amps are the biz and should sound awsome both have slightly different features but it comes down to whats more important to you, go listen to the denon but listen to the onkyo on the same speakers, but make sure both are set up properly else it will cost you in the long run.