My lass bought a wii. How do I connect wii and 360?

Urban Splash

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

My lass decided to get a wii. This has put a spanner in the connection works!

I think the best way to connect the 360 would be with component, however, component connection with the wii is supposed to display the best image possible.

With most tvs having 1 component connection is there any way I can connect both with the best picture quality possible?

I want to buy a 40" ish lcd with full 1080, still not sure which one though

Hi all,

I think the best way to connect the 360 would be with component, however, component connection with the wii is supposed to display the best image possible.

With most tvs having 1 component connection is there any way I can connect both with the best picture quality possible?

This has jack-crap to do with LCDs. Why are you posting here? Just do a google search and look for TVs that have two component inputs, or component and VGA, then buy a component-to-VGA adapter. It's not rocket science...jeez.

Besides, if you think component makes such a big difference to the already low-quality image with the Wii, think again. All component does is further show how poor the graphics look. I know Wii isn't all about graphics, I'm just saying...

Because im connecting to an LCD.

Here man, if you get nothing useful to say, don't bother posting. Now get back to school

You can buy an amp and do the component connections through that. My Denon amp has component in and out for several inputs.

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/frames_...C=3&action=prodlist&Pid=&main=prod&ver=&sub=1

If you click on the various amps you can check what the inputs etc are.

Otherwise you could get a switch box.

http://www.consoleplus.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=716

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97952&doy=12m12&C=SEO&U=strat15

http://gear.ign.com/articles/452/452131p1.html

Because im connecting to an LCD.

Here man, if you get nothing useful to say, don't bother posting. Now get back to school
Haha, dimwits and their schoolistic assumptions. I'm on holiday, from work...laughing at idiots like yourself who know nothing.

If you'd read my post, the solution was right there - get a TV with component and VGA, and then buy a VGA-to-component adapter, or a TV with two lots of component inputs. Are you blind, as well as thick?

So you're connecting to an LCD...that you don't have yet, because you can't be bothered to make the effort to go and do some research, or even understand the results of that research?! :rotfl:

Haha, dimwits and their schoolistic assumptions. I'm on holiday, from work...laughing at idiots like yourself who know nothing.

If you'd read my post, the solution was right there - get a TV with component and VGA, and then buy a VGA-to-component adapter, or a TV with two lots of component inputs. Are you blind, as well as thick?

So you're connecting to an LCD...that you don't have yet, because you can't be bothered to make the effort to go and do some research, or even understand the results of that research?! :rotfl:

my you have so much wisdom.......

btw, cheers for that sonic!

If you're at work thats even worse, I'd expect such inane comments on a board such as Gamefaqs but not here :rolleyes:

The guy was asking a simple question you could have just answered it instead of bashing him.

so it looks like i need a component switcher and an hdmi switcher. oh the expense......

Moderator's Comment
Just for the record, Nomino's attitude and behaviour here is quite unacceptable and has resulted in two formal warnings. Nomino's ability to post is currently suspended.

Good, what on earth was that all about lol perfectly fine question from the poster.

Hi all,

Buy a Sony KDL-40W2000 and a VGA lead for the 360. Jobs a goodun. You'll have 1080p resolution for your 360 and the best connection (component?!) for the Wii :smashin:

Buy a Sony KDL-40W2000 and a VGA lead for the 360. Jobs a goodun. You'll have 1080p resolution for your 360 and the best connection (component?!) for the Wii :smashin:

I thought that. Is VGA as good as component for the 360? Until I buy the TV, I cant really form an opinion as i'm currently viewing my 360 via my pc monitor using VGA.

I know the quality with the wii is poor anyway, but I still want to display the best possible, which i think is component.

thanks for the help !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom