Answered My KD-75 inch broke, now they offer me this, please advise!

Saen1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

My name is Saen I just signed up on this forum because I need some help and your advise. (thanks)

Just a short explanation on my situation:

In late december 2016 I bought a Sony 75 inch tv for 6000 euro at Mediamarket model nr:
Sony KD75XD9405
Last week the tv asked me to do a firmware update, so I did... like 2 hours later the screen got all red lines across it, it was flickering and I closed the tv.
Tried to open it again but nothing happend, I called Mediamarket but they said I had to contact Sony instead.
Well the guy from Sony said the tv would be replaced as it could not get repaired ( after taking some steps to figure out what it could be ) and I will get an email after the weekend if they have a new tv for me.

In the mean time I went to Mediamarket to ask them which tv would be comparable with the one I got in case mine was not available anymore.
The guy told me the Sony KD75XE9405 is the next in line, so I wrote it down and waited for the email from Sony itself.
The guys from Sony offered me just that tv the KD75XE9405 so I looked things up on the internet and did a compare on this website(s):
Comparison between: 74.5" Sony KD-75XE9405, 74.5" Sony KD-75XD9405, 74.5" Sony KD-75X9405C, 74.5" Sony KD-75ZD9
Sony KD75XD9405 vs Sony KD75XE9405 Detailed Comparison - Kagoo.co.uk

Now I see that the tv that they offer me is a much cheaper version of the one I got just more then a year ago ( 6000 euro ) and is also missing the 3D function is a class B energy instead of A like mine and some other specifications missing.

Because I don't know all the ins and outs with all the Sony tv's I'm hoping you guys can help me out here and give me opinion.
Maybe you guys think there is a other tv they should have offered me which is comparable with mine.
I would like to have a similar tv or a better tv, because it's not my mistake that the tv broke after such a short time ( well that's how I see it ) and I have the feeling now that they offer me a lesser tv then the one I have bought.

Hope you can help me out here, your advise is highly appreciated
Thanks, Saen

75XE9405 is a better tv, only doesn't have 3D (like every tv nowadays). The only model left with 3D is the ZD9. Since you paid €6000 and you can easily buy a 75ZD9 for that money now just tell them that you use the 3D function and would like a replacement model with 3D.

Hi thanks, been to a few shops this weekend and asked around.
They said the XE was a better tv and indeed the 3D function isn't being added into the newer tv's anymore. I also asked about the ZD9 but they said the XE was better. (?)

Still feel that I paid more that i'm getting atm, I paid 6K and the XE was much cheaper then the XD

How does your warranty work though , like for like replacement or original value replacement , if it's the latter then your laughing I reckon , what country are you in ?

If I were in your shoes I would first off push for a Sony 75" ZD9 as a replacement IF 3D is of importance to you. However if 3D is a non issue then the XE9405 there offering you is a stunning TV. I had an LG E6 65" OLED which I sold and replaced with the Sony 75" XE9405 and I am more than happy with it. Picture quality is stunning and with the DV update its even better. You won't go wrong if your only offered the Sony XE9405 as a replacement.

How does your warranty work though , like for like replacement or original value replacement , if it's the latter then your laughing I reckon , what country are you in ?
Above post from paulyoung is the best way to address this:
1. Like for like: not the best and you are looking at 75xe94 and 75xf90 or 75zd9 (this model is far more than €6k)

2. Original value: that’s the best scenario as you have in fact a credit in that store. You can then choose whatever you want...up to that amount or even higher if you want to top up. Things like oled could be considered (smaller sizes or last year c7) or other brands then Sony

Hi guys, just a quick update

I kept contact with the Sony HQ and said I was not happy with the offer they gave me, but they did not want to change it, and said that the KD75XE9405 was the next model and it was a better tv then the one got.
When I told them about the options that where missing and also the price difference, they where not willing to do something about this.

So I went back to the shop I bought my tv and explained it to the guy from the service desk that myself and Sony are not getting to a deal so I'm back to them.
He looked into my email conversations and at the receipt, and completely understood where I was coming from. he asked me to wait a few minutes while he called his HQ.
After a few minutes he told me that it would all be taken care of and I would get my money back.
So i'm getting my 6000 euro back and can start looking for a new tv.
Even if I wanted to buy the KD75XE9405 selling for around 3600 euro I will still have a nice amount of money in my wallet. ( just for opening your mouth and not taking the first deal )
Any idea's for tv's I could look into, i'm not spending more then the 6000 euro.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom