my insurance company changed my policy to add in a speeding fine i dont have

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my insurance company changed my policy to add in a speeding fine i dont have. about a month before i was to renew i thought i got clocked speeding so while looking about i got a quote online for how much it would be if i did get 3 points etc. however never got a letter so obviously i didnt get caught however 2 months later they sent me an email altering my policy to include a speeding endorsement.

its the fact they added it just because i got a quote from someone else with it on.

its the fact they added it just because i got a quote from someone else with it on.
When I'm simply window shopping for quotations, I give false information where it wouldn't matter (name, phone number and possibly email address in this case). That might stop that sort of thing, and avoids being bombarded with sales follow-ups.

Insurance companies use software that captures all this information. Hence why you've now had it added. Although they should call to confirm.

exactly i thought they would have at least told me what they were doing before altering and charging me.

Had this with Admiral once when they sent me a letter to say my car had an undeclared ecu mod and would alter my policy to suit unless I called them.

I had been shopping around for quotes and changing details to get an idea of prices.

After calling them they said they'd need a written statement from me declaring the car stock which I provided also inviting them to inspect the car at my convenience. Nothing else was heard from them, my policy was unchanged afterwards.

When I'm simply window shopping for quotations, I give false information where it wouldn't matter (name, phone number and possibly email address in this case). That might stop that sort of thing, and avoids being bombarded with sales follow-ups.

i do the same..... use the same age bit dofferent DOB and always a different name, try similar occupations aswell. insurance is one big rip off. also if you are a safe driver and are willing to put your money on it, don't declare any convictions either. the disclaimer is if you come unstuck in an RTA then you will be found out. safe drivers aren't involved in RTA's though ;)

when those convictions have xpired, you can happily know that you haven't contributed to the obscene profit of these insurers. however, there are too many actors out there with whiplash that falsely claim, so it doesn't hurt to falsely insure to even things up (so long as you are a good enough driver to avoid other peoples retardedness behind the wheel)

cornish said:
i do the same..... use the same age bit dofferent DOB and always a different name, try similar occupations aswell. insurance is one big rip off. also if you are a safe driver and are willing to put your money on it, don't declare any convictions either. the disclaimer is if you come unstuck in an RTA then you will be found out. safe drivers aren't involved in RTA's though ;)

when those convictions have xpired, you can happily know that you haven't contributed to the obscene profit of these insurers. however, there are too many actors out there with whiplash that falsely claim, so it doesn't hurt to falsely insure to even things up (so long as you are a good enough driver to avoid other peoples retardedness behind the wheel)

And the post to ignore of the day award goes to...

cornish said:

And if you are sat at traffic lights and hit by an uninsured driver?

And if you are sat at traffic lights and hit by an uninsured driver?

life ain't perfect. and if they uninsured, then they get a fist lesson.. you know yourself that insurance companies won't pay if TPFT so what is the loss? today it seems bankers and insurance companies! much more user friendly topic may i add :D

I got 3 points recently (first in 30 years ) i rang my insurance guy to inform him , he rang back telling me my premium had been reduced by £9 or so :eek:

work that one out .

Insurance = Scam.

I don't know how they get away with the **** they pull.

Not necessarily the OP's problems but in General, I mean c'mon people, this needs a government level investigation...oh wait..then they lose the VAT and stuff, we are so screwed in this country, serious:laugh:

I got 3 points recently (first in 30 years ) i rang my insurance guy to inform him , he rang back telling me my premium had been reduced by £9 or so :eek:

work that one out .

good job you weren't honest about a DR10 then!

I had to Google that , you would need to be a right T@wt to do that .

(sorry about the swear filter dodge(not you cornish) , but i think the response is deserved)

guess im a right **** then, but when you shop online, they ask if you had any convictions in the last 5 years, well the last 6 years of it being on the license i guess was telling the truth!

like i said, with all the false claims going around, just aswell tell em you are 70 yrs old no convictions doing 500 miles a year and you were a reputable doctor.

the system needs sorting out. how many sellers complaining about ebay? it ain't fair but that is the way it is. sometimes conforming to society costs more, it's time to even the balance. because the greedy scum insurers aren't on your side if you have an accident and the other party claims whiplash.

my misunderstanding , I thought you were referring that I drank whist driving .(I could never do both , surely you could spill some )

Was the family brain cell being used elsewhere when you wrote this?

my misunderstanding , I thought you were referring that I drank whist driving .(I could never do both , surely you could spill some )

never been stupid enough to try both at the same time :laugh: drinking same time as driving!

3yr ban and £1000 fine not a proud moment. was rather inebriated to say the least, blew 126 on the gizmo in the plod station. my solicitor laughed is head off when we were in court about how much i blew.

3yrs without a license, balls to the insurance companies wasn't declaring that paid enough already.

Was the family brain cell being used elsewhere when you wrote this?
it's called not giving a **** why should you pay when others steal? and the brain cells drowned in the alcohol years ago :laugh:

you tell me, what is the diff between 3 year ban and 11 year on endorsement with big fine? the mistake was already paid for. got 8 years no claims now. considered an acceptable risk. sometimes that certificate is meaningless if you are hit by an uninsured driver. have faith in your own driving and there is no problem.

And that is the kind of attitude that leads to people causing accidents and blaming others loudly. Nothing is ever your fault.
Unfortunately I don't know you your insurer would be getting a phone call.

you tell me, what is the diff between 3 year ban and 11 year on endorsement with big fine? the mistake was already paid for. got 8 years no claims now. considered an acceptable risk. sometimes that certificate is meaningless if you are hit by an uninsured driver. have faith in your own driving and there is no problem.

your right, the system is (****) pants , but if any drunk driver ever hurt any of my family they wouldn't have to worry about the system because i would hunt them down and kill them .

And that is the kind of attitude that leads to people causing accidents and blaming others loudly. Nothing is ever your fault.
Unfortunately I don't know you your insurer would be getting a phone call.

nice reaction and the one i was hoping for, hope you feel the same about the BS whiplash claimants. fyi my license is clean and whatever happened in the past stays in the past.

your right, the system is (****) pants , but if any drunk driver ever hurt any of my family they wouldn't have to worry about the system because i would hunt them down and kill them .

and i'd take the same stance. if i was in the car at the time, i'd kill them there and then. same as the uninsured driver would have hours of hospital treatment. and i'd happily go prison for either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom