• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My htpc Setup

Tellybelly

Standard Member
Hi,

This is my setup built this weekend (at last).

Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G Socket AM2+ onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard 142347 £54.31 (from Ebuyer)
Kingston 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 Memory Non-ecc CL5 Unbuffered 1.8V 129954 £26.14 (from Ebuyer)
Samsung SpinPoint HD501LJ 500GB SATAII Hard Drive 16MB Cache - OEM 130454 £44.50 (from Ebuyer)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e, AM2, Dual Core, 2.5GHz, 1MB Cache, 45W, Retail £57 (from Lambda-Tex)

Pinnacle 3010IX PCTV Dual Hybrid Pro PVR / PCI Express / DVB-T/Analogue TV Tuner / Whitebox £17.99 (from Play.com)

Linksys WMP54G 54mbps Wireless PCI Adapter Card
Compucase 7628 with 200w psu £24.99 (from ebay)

connected to a Sharps LC-46X20E LCD TV.

Very happy with it so far - it does the job well and is really quite (which is surprising as the fans are the standard ones that came with the case and CPU - I could say I am a little disappointed as I was looking forward to researching fans and coolers :D).

Only disappointment is the Pinnacle tv card - the quality of the tv pictures is very poor. Even though my digital signal is not the best my TV produces a great picture with it whereas this card fails miserably.

Thank you all for your advice over the months - it has really helped me to get
a pc I am really happy with.

(by the way how do i input sound into it from a sky+?)

Theydon Bois

Distinguished Member
Where are the pics? Not a proper build thread unless we get pics and all the gory details of your setup :devil:

Make sure you add your details to Mickwalls sticky as well, to help others when making their kit choices. Ta!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom