1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My HT so far

Discussion in 'Members DIY Home Cinema Showcases' started by Alexg, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My HT/Second lounge

This is my HT so far, I still have more work to do like making a oak cabinet for all the equipment, fitting nice blinds to the windows, getting the lighting control sorted & buying a pronto pro to control it all, but for now I'm just enjoying using the room ;)

I've put in every cable I can think of to the PJ and Plasma locations + I put in 25mm steel conduit to wall plates all over the room for future expansion :)

I will put up new pics along with a equipment list when its all finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BruceH

BruceH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Looks great.
    couple of questions?

Is the projectors ventilation ok?
    Does the box round it cut out some of the audible noise?
    What's the lighting behind the speakers?

Thanks,
    Bruce.

3. Alexg

Alexg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Bruce,

Ventilation seemes fine, have had it running for 5 hours in one go and doesn't seeme to get unbearably hot inside the box, the PJ's fan is on the front of the unit so I imagine its blowing it straight out of the front of the box.
    Sitting directly underneath the projector you can't really hear it at all on ECO mode, I always have the volume up so loud thought it wouldn't bother me if it was really noisy :)
    Lighting behind the speakers are rows of LEDs, I made up a strip behind where they all sit in and are set at different angles, cable runs straight into the wall, you can't really notice much when you look behind the speaker when there not on.
    There is lighting all round the edge of the floor too which are standard LED decking lights.
    I wan't to do some kind of lighting feature behind the plasma next :)

4. elbe35

elbe35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great room mate ! the LED's behind the speakers look awesome, gonna sort some out myself , well impressed !