My Homeplugs aren't working anymore

uzi123

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a couple of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-M...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1210712932&sr=8-5

Now, I've had them for about two months and never had any problems. But since the last couple of days, my PS3 (for which I use them for) can't connect to the net. I'm certain it's a problem with the homeplugs as my ps3 connects wirelessly just fine. Even my macbook did not work off of the homeplugs....

So what could be the problem? I've never installed the software it came with or anything like that, just plug and played. any help is greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup:

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Can it be as simple as the network cables not connecting properly?
That was the issue in my case where the socket in my Zyxel is dodgy and the cable has to be under constant pressure for the connection to work so I place an object under the unit to wedge the cable in place.

Have you relocated the units round the house since when they worked?

Can it be as simple as the network cables not connecting properly?
That was the issue in my case where the socket in my Zyxel is dodgy and the cable has to be under constant pressure for the connection to work so I place an object under the unit to wedge the cable in place.

Have you relocated the units round the house since when they worked?

I don't think it's the cables as I've tried swapping them around. I have indeed tried them at different sockets in my house. Interestingly, they actually worked when I connect the two homeplugs together in the same socket. But that's pretty useless if they don't work anywhere else in the house.........

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom