My Home Theatre - with floating 4k screen

Yep have viewed all of those and totally agree, great jobs. When are you starting yours?

Watched Man of Steel at the BFI Imax and the A/V was amazing. Was hoping for more from the actual film itself though. Probably one of the best A/V wise that I have watched in my room (and not a bad film either) was Star Trek Into Darkness. Sound is fantastic but I really do think JJ over does the lens flare. At ione point I thought I had a dodgy disc or the JVC was knackered. I'm sure we'll se more if that in Star Wars VI

Yep have viewed all of those and totally agree, great jobs. When are you starting yours?

Watched Man of Steel at the BFI Imax and the A/V was amazing. Was hoping for more from the actual film itself though. Probably one of the best A/V wise that I have watched in my room (and not a bad film either) was Star Trek Into Darkness. Sound is fantastic but I really do think JJ over does the lens flare. At ione point I thought I had a dodgy disc or the JVC was knackered. I'm sure we'll se more if that in Star Wars VI
I have the paint, curtains etc. as i've said its just a living-room project. But TBH i reckon it will be shortly after xmas when i start. Thanks for asking.:)

Yes i also enjoyed the A/V on MOS but as much as i enjoyed the movie, it felt a little rushed & disjointed.

TBH i enjoyed both Star Trek movies so far but it sure can't be good for our lamps either LOL...Lets hope they listen & heed the general consensus for the upcoming Star Wars...an iffy one that, what...:smashin:

I just wet myself. Phenomenal home setup. Looks really understated as well, very jealous indeed.

Thanks! I think :smashin:

Well haven't been any updates in the room for a while but as today is my Birthday, Mrs X treated me to a studio lamp to fill that gap at the back.

It looks light but the thing ways a ton. Have put a Philips Hue bulb in it meaning I can control on/off and brightness from iPad. And of course the small matter of then being able to choose from 15million different colours! Don't worry I've only shown 2 colours! Works really well in the room when main lights and screen are off and perfect for chilling out to music.

Still want to keep the room fairly minimalist, so I'm pleased with how it's gone and although difficult to show in pics, the light from the back end really works well reflecting the silk wallpaper. Just need to tidy the wires up as my OCD won't let me keep it like that.

DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
View attachment 690960
DSC_0012.JPG
DSC_0014.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0016.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks! I think :smashin:

Well haven't been any updates in the room for a while but as today is my Birthday, Mrs X treated me to a studio lamp to fill that gap at the back.

It looks light but the thing ways a ton. Have put a Philips Hue bulb in it meaning I can control on/off and brightness from iPad. And of course the small matter of then being able to choose from 15million different colours! Don't worry I've only shown 2 colours! Works really well in the room when main lights and screen are off and perfect for chilling out to music.

Still want to keep the room fairly minimalist, so I'm pleased with how it's gone and although difficult to show in pics, the light from the back end really works well reflecting the silk wallpaper. Just need to tidy the wires up as my OCD won't let me keep it like that.

iv00.jpg

jvtz.jpg

bziz.jpg

uvc1.jpg

It looks stunning Mr X! All I need to get to that point is a house, a large room in that house, a large budget for the kit, a few hundred hours to dedicate to its completion and of course a few hundred hours to convince the partner!

This might be a daft question but... What exactly does that light do? Is it just for ambient lighting? It's very large and intrusive from the perspective of where the photo was taken. I know you won't be able to see it while sitting down but still. Maybe I'm missing the point?

In any case you are a lucky guy!

It looks stunning Mr X! All I need to get to that point is a house, a large room in that house, a large budget for the kit, a few hundred hours to dedicate to its completion and of course a few hundred hours to convince the partner!

This might be a daft question but... What exactly does that light do? Is it just for ambient lighting? It's very large and intrusive from the perspective of where the photo was taken. I know you won't be able to see it while sitting down but still. Maybe I'm missing the point?

In any case you are a lucky guy!

Thanks Alan.

The light really is tucked away in what was an empty corner so not intrusive at all. The pics a bit deceptive and makes it looks like it's right behind the seat when it's a least 2m away. That said it serves no purpose at all! Really it's just decorative and will only ever be used for mood lighting when listening to music which is also a major use of the room.

Good luck with your list but trust me its the convincing the partner that's the hardest of the lot!

Amazing room and the spot light is a perfect addition. I'm a big fan of those kinds of lights, like you said they are perfect for ambient lighting... I'm very jealous indeed!

P.S. Happy Birthday!

I love those studio lamps. Nearly bought one for the wife's birthday last year but settled on a steam mop in the end! Another great addition to an already stunning room.

.... when listening to music which is also a major use of the room.

Yes, old news, we know that already :D
1386227127118.jpg

Room looks great in the magazine :cool:

Amazing room and the spot light is a perfect addition. I'm a big fan of those kinds of lights, like you said they are perfect for ambient lighting... I'm very jealous indeed!

P.S. Happy Birthday!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes :) and kind words.

I love those studio lamps. Nearly bought one for the wife's birthday last year but settled on a steam mop in the end! Another great addition to an already stunning room.

Cheers pingpong, yeah a mop just wouldn't have had the same effect in the corner so I'm glad mine chose that. Thanks for your comments :)

Yes, old news, we know that already :D

Room looks great in the magazine :cool:

Thanks mate have to admit it's a really nice souvenier to have. Think there are many on here that should be featured too and how about a Golf mag featuring your room, it looks great.

you have gone to all this expense to use top quality cables and you run power cables next to data/audi/video cables,should be segregated

what an incredible room

Many thanks :)

The only recent addition is a PS4 and have to say Fifa14 looks amazing on the screen and although I'm not a big gamer it's got me addicted at the moment.

you have gone to all this expense to use top quality cables and you run power cables next to data/audi/video cables,should be segregated

I guess if money/time/room constraints where no object, then we would all want to do this. I always go by my eyes and ears and to me (and anyone that has seen the set up 1st hand) it sounds amazing with no audible feedback/interference, and looks stunning to the naked eye. I'm sure if I paid someone to come round with some fancy tech they would no doubt show me charts where I could make gains but my ears and eyes would really not benefit and nor would my wallet. The only improvement I think I will get to the visuals is when I finally go true 4k when I change the PJ, or by going darker in the room. Thanks for your feedback as I know where you are coming from but in my case it really wasn't necessary for me.

Just spent reading thru the entire thread... What a stunning piece of work!!! Absolutely loved it!!

To put simply.....Astonishing!!! Something like this is purely a dream for me.......one I don't have the budget and 2 the wife simply wouldn't allow me to!!!

Attention to detail, quality equipment, planning is all top draw!!!

Fantastic result there :)

Probly asked already but where did you get the thx and dts signs from. ..
Fantastic room btw

Probly asked already but where did you get the thx and dts signs from. ..
Fantastic room btw

Thanks everyone for your kind feedback :)

Actually that question hasn't been asked before :) I did spend ages trying to find the right ones as it's hard to tell the quality on the net. Anyway eventually found a company and very pleased with the plaques, name escapes me but I'll look back through my emails and get a link for you this evening.

Mr x! Incredible room! I've been reading through the whole thread today on & off. Told the Mrs were moving to a house with a garage or big spare room!! I've got a home cinema/living room so I'm a bit limited to what I can & can't do. I'm almost finished mine. Just to add a benq w1070 to replace optoma hd700x and I'll be just about done! Again what an amazing room you have there!

Thanks Deano :)
Can I ask, what happened to your man cave and will you be getting one back soon?

Moved house about 4 months ago. We had a basement in our last home but nothing like that here. I now have to spend the evening interacting with the mrs :eek:.
We're currently in the process of having an extension built. When/If we can afford to, I would like to convert the integral garage. Sadly, however, it'll never be a patch on your set-up. I'm a huge fifa fan and can imaging that it looks incredible on there

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom