• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

My Home Cinema setup

aquatarkus

Thought i would post an image and details /specs of my home cinema system with new htpc.have built this up over a couple of weeks and would appreciate our thoughts and comments.

LCD = Toshiba 32C3030D (wife wouldn't allow the 37")
A/V Reciever = Yamaha RX-V359
Cable box = VirginMedia V+ (HD0)
DVD Player = Cambridge Audio DVD89
Front & Rear Speakers Gale 4040's
Center Channel = Eltax Phantom
Sub = Eltax Phantom 100
all connections are Cambridge Audio Premium cables and interconnects

HTPC
Antec fusion 430 HTPC case
Motherboard = Abit AN-M2HD nforce 520 chipset
CPU = AMD64 X2 6000 socket AM2
Memory = 2gig OCZ DDR2 PC6400
Graphics = Sapphire Radeon 2600XT 256mb Gddr4
Sound Card = Maudio 2496 connected via optical to the Yamaha
Hard Drives = 2 x 500 gig Maxtors
DVD = Sony DVD R/RW drive
Wireless =Dlink

The HTPC connects to my server upstairs where i store all my music files approx 10,000 albums and one of the 500 gig drives contains loads of ripped movies ( yes all brought ) and also again to another drive on the server with loads of other movies that can be accessed from my main pc and wifes laptop and daughters pc.

Very pleased with the sound quality even though i now think the yamaha is a bit under powered (next upgrade) the HTPC is connected via a VGA cable at the moment as haven't had time to get it working with a DVI to HDMI cable.
Very pleased with the Toshiba LCD had a Philips 32PFL5522D which was good but no VGA input only HDMI and just couldn't get pc to display correctly the Toshiba is much much better. Watching HD movies from the Virgin box is a revalation and also pretty stunning from the Cambridge DVD player and the Sony DVD R/RW drive in the HTPC sound quality from the Maudio card is simply amazing much better than my friends X-FI (to my ears)
The HTPC runs very smooth and quiet and watching a dvd or a rip via Power DVD 7.3 doesn't even strain the cpu seems to run about 33 - 38 degrees. am now looking a a couple of other software apps JRiver Media center is one i have been very impressed with as well as Theatertek.
Before anyone points it out yes i know the radiator will have to be moved but trying to find a nice vertical wall mounted one to keep the wife happy.
Any thoughts any one has would be gratfully recieved

Thanks for looking
Keith.

Attachments

• Home Theater copy.jpg
    Home Theater copy.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 794

DOBLY

Hi,

There are now many vertical radiators that are stylish - try brands like Bisque, MHS and Eskimo all available from Designer-Radiators.com

Hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom