my home cinema set up - mark quite a few

@jakimp could you post a photo of your seating and seating position in context of the projector? I ask because I have my Projector on a stand behind my seating and yours appears much lower than mine so I was intrigued!

Pretty close to the N5
15876462395557814364769674590257.jpg

on low lamp not at all but on high lamp a little but I could live with the noise that an Epson 9300 made so high mode on the N5 does not bother me at all as it is so quiet in comparison

the noise is easily drowned out by almost any film and I really don't notice it at all once I am "in the movie" - I tend towards action/scifi type movies and like to listen near reference levels so not really an issue at all for me

I could ceiling mount it but it doesn't bother me enough to do it and it is so much easier to update software and clean the filter where it is

7q4s9vR.jpg

RE2UpMz.jpg

wroeHzg.jpg

xtYqHFw.jpg

in a real surprise twist rather than wait like I said I would or like a rational person I have ordered a gloss black pair of SVS SB3000 subs - I blame lock down fever

SVS SB3000's turned up yesterday as promised - just pretty much plugged in and no calibration done but pretty amazing already

Uxpjzvk.jpg

ojNMQc4.jpg

a couple of hunger games snaps as well

QJnG8jX.jpg

LGZYw7v.jpg

The subs are just excellent out of the box and I am very pleased to say the least

Watching the 4th Transformers film, a bit of a guilty pleasure but what a soundtrack

One from interstellar which sounded so good

IMG_20200509_143545.jpg

Total recall blu ray
IMG_20200603_114747.jpg
IMG_20200603_115818.jpg
IMG_20200603_120715.jpg
IMG_20200603_121752.jpg
IMG_20200603_122021.jpg
IMG_20200603_130357.jpg
IMG_20200603_131528.jpg
IMG_20200603_131610.jpg

That old Total Recall looks great. No doubt about it self isolation has done wonders for my movie watching. :laugh:

That old Total Recall looks great. No doubt about it self isolation has done wonders for my movie watching. :laugh:
I really was taken by how good the film looked for detail, colour and black level - and you have to love the film as well - what the hell were they thinking when they remade this film with colin Farrell in the lead?

Stumbled on to this thread after googling the MA GX range. Love the look of the Bubunga finish. My favourite.
2 thumbs up for you and your home cinema set-up. Looks stunning.

thanks

sadly my MA 350C died a death so had to be replaced with the current gold centre but had to be gloss black as they didn't carry on with bubinga after the gen 3 golds - I agree they look amazing but the market only wanted gloss black and white with oak thrown in - getting to be a monochrome world sadly

I also recently sold my MA 15" sub after several years of service and that was bubinga as well but dual SVSD SB3000's are a significant upgrade even if gloss black again

Yes, a shame about the 350. I like colours that aren't the norm. Spendor do/did a finish called Zebrano, that was soooo nice.
I'll have a set of the 50's or 100's soon.
Please keep posting with any updates.

you can have my 350 if you want to put a new tweeter in it

Yes.....

youll have to collect it

my rear surrounds are gen 4 gold 100's in gloss black on the MA stands - not working over hard in my system but they are good

Don’t quote me on this because I’m not 100% positive here but I believe the 350c uses the same ribbon tweeter I have in my Center, a Fountek CD3.

If so then you could contact Ian at IPL Acoustics.

some pics from Batman Returns 4K disk

gJZW63U.jpg

GiKelQH.jpg

Hxaksng.jpg

sqSnevT.jpg

FiU4l1K.jpg

Y5GdjYa.jpg

SXk0VyE.jpg

Me too but not the other 2 for obvious reasons

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom