my home cinema room (in the garden!)

thfccambs

Banned
Agree with everyone else mate, excellent job.
Well done. :thumbsup:

pj

This is truly fantastic - well done.

May I ask what you do for soundproofing and security? My initial thoughts are that the neighbours might find it noisy and that I'd be worried about leaving my beloved expensive kit in it.

Oh, and how big is the 'main room'?

Steve W
its 26ftx22ft
for soundproofing it has the outer layer of wood/membrane/polystyrene/membrane/inner wood/paint u can hear the rumble from outside but only if you are on the decking its around 100ft from the houses so its gotta be higher than reference for the neighbours to hear it:smashin: i did many tests and consulted the neigbours before we did anything!
as for security there is more in there than in the house! locks, sensors, pir's, alarms, baseball bats, kill bill swords!:thumbsup:

excellent! have you got any heating in there (underfloor) ?
we looked at it but again it was getting pricey (still trying to do it all on a budget! as it was built during the summer the heat in there was insane so we got an air conditioning unit (split type) luckily wickes were selling them off for £99! and it heats too:thumbsup: 5-10 mins of hot air keeps it nice 'n toasty
some pics from the halloween shenanigans!

keep an eye out for "home cinema choice" magazine over the next few months as some professional photos and a spread may be appearing in there:eek::thumbsup::eek: honoured? beyond honoured:D

Dave_Gregory

Novice Member
nice a halloween party wouldnt be complete without Thriller being shown :D

Looks like you had a great time, I spent 2 hours trudging round the village with the kids collecting sweets :eek:

pj

Looks fantastic how does it hold up for retaining heat now that the weather is starting to turn?
holding it pretty well, a quick 10-20min blast of the air con set to heat keeps it warm and cosy for the duration of most movies if u step out into the porch bit then back in again u can really tell the difference! it gets too warm for some folks:eek:

Sam Ash

I've noticed that you have two rows of seats with the sofas on the second row being slightly offset. Some questions:-

1. Do people sitting on the second row get to see the screen without any obstructions (the heads of people in the first row) ?

2. Is the screen positioned a touch higher so as to enable both rows to clearly see the full image area of the screen ?

3. If the back seats were directly behind the front ones, would it still work ?

pj

I've noticed that you have two rows of seats with the sofas on the second row being slightly offset. Some questions:-

1. Do people sitting on the second row get to see the screen without any obstructions (the heads of people in the first row) ?

2. Is the screen positioned a touch higher so as to enable both rows to clearly see the full image area of the screen ?

3. If the back seats were directly behind the front ones, would it still work ?
q1- yes it works quite well as usually there are only 2 people on each seat at the front and they sit at either ends so the people behind get a clear view

q2- its as high as it can go and u can easily see the entire screen from ever seat in the room:thumbsup: i know cause it was my biggest fear seating wise:smashin:

q3- yes but just worked out better spacing them out a bit ultimately i would like to raise the rear seats so there will never be any problems (saying that i had 18 people in for halloween and nobody had to ask anyone to duck or weave!) but im yet to find a cheap solution to doing it! as they need to be raised at least a shoulder and head height!

Sam Ash

q1- yes it works quite well as usually there are only 2 people on each seat at the front and they sit at either ends so the people behind get a clear view

q2- its as high as it can go and u can easily see the entire screen from ever seat in the room:thumbsup: i know cause it was my biggest fear seating wise:smashin:

q3- yes but just worked out better spacing them out a bit ultimately i would like to raise the rear seats so there will never be any problems (saying that i had 18 people in for halloween and nobody had to ask anyone to duck or weave!) but im yet to find a cheap solution to doing it! as they need to be raised at least a shoulder and head height!
Thanks mate, if you do find a solution through some research - please do let me know :thumbsup:

pj

gearing up for the arrival of 11.1/2!
dismantled everything and re-jigged and re-wired the lot, its amazing how much can be removed over the years!
added the two width speakers just waiting on the amp and height speakers and possibly another sub

pj

status42

HI PJ I have voted for your shed and watched the video i thought i knew the face i bought my tv from you at best buy a couple of years ago small world
love the room
simon:thumbsup:

pj

HI PJ I have voted for your shed and watched the video i thought i knew the face i bought my tv from you at best buy a couple of years ago small world
love the room
simon:thumbsup:
yes i remember :thumbsup:

pj

Ronski

Most of the images in this thread appear broken, and the link above doesn't seem to work for me :-(

pj

Just had channel 4 over to film the shed for part of their shed of the year programme!

pj

i do apologise it does look like i have neglected this thread! not sure why some of the pics have disappeared so here are some more :smashin:

inzaman

Thats fantastic :cool:

pj

thanks for the votes i made it to the final & had to go down for the awards yesterday! it will be on channel 4 in the UK on thursday 24th at 8pm where you will get to see inside the shed in HD! and get to hear my monotonous drone for yourselves (oh joy!)
Amazing Spaces Shed of the Year - Episode Guide - Channel 4

Ronski

I shall set the media centre to record it now, before I forget.