my home cinema room (in the garden!)

Just muttering here so I get updates as it progresses. Fantastic project.

its getting there! :thumbsup: cant believe how good it sounds:eek:
to be honest the pictures arent doing it any justice!

Looks good... probably the best "shed" I've ever seen.
Just a quick question, how much was the panasonic ae-3000 ???
Cheers

Can I have one please?

Looks good... probably the best "shed" I've ever seen.
Just a quick question, how much was the panasonic ae-3000 ???
Cheers
when i brought it it was £1999 but i did get it in feburary iirc (didnt think it would take this long to get it completed:eek:)

Can I have one please?
yes no probs:thumbsup: i can give u the details of the shed people
they were impressed when they saw the interior:eek: the last they saw was just the initial timber frame!
more pics to come once the finishing touches are done!

Fantastic job, great to see another 3000 user.

What was the total cost of build?

By my calculations you can definitely fit a pool table in:D

Cheers
Carl

Fantastic job, great to see another 3000 user.

What was the total cost of build?

By my calculations you can definitely fit a pool table in:D

Cheers
Carl

around nine thousand including all the equipment and electrician and carpets etc
some places i went to were 20k for just the shell of the building!

Great job PJ :smashin: what seats are you planning on using?

Adam :thumbsup:
got 4 ikea sofas though i need to make the second row higher somehow as (as i thought) i cant find a way to fit em all in and not get someones head in the way!

few more pics:thumbsup:
think i need to join tweakers anonymous:rolleyes:

Absolutely stunning! And inspirational!!!

Cracking set up! :thumbsup:

Well done - looks great and I am sure will offer you many hours of fun.. :clap:

Now off to look at Google earth, hire a crane and a flatbed truck that will take a 20 x 20 shed and head up to the midlands... :devil: :cool:

well done mate that's very impressive

hi
how much did the actule shed woodwork [ floor , walls , roof ] cost you ?

i am very interested in this idea myself! Is this a custom built shed or is it built as flat-pack diy shed? and how much just for the shed itself?

It looks amazing and is just what im after! :thumbsup:

Cracking set up! :thumbsup:

Well done - looks great and I am sure will offer you many hours of fun.. :clap:

Now off to look at Google earth, hire a crane and a flatbed truck that will take a 20 x 20 shed and head up to the midlands... :devil: :cool:

you can but try! :smashin:

i am very interested in this idea myself! Is this a custom built shed or is it built as flat-pack diy shed? and how much just for the shed itself?

It looks amazing and is just what im after! :thumbsup:
hi
how much did the actule shed woodwork [ floor , walls , roof ] cost you ?

it was a custom build (we drew up some very rough sketches:eek:), think it was six in total which was for for shed+decking+carpet (carpet was from united carpets) from ::Garden Pleasure:: they would build anything we wanted other places were like "it has to be in divisions of 6 etc" but GP would accomodate whatever we wanted and didnt go over budget although we added bits here and there througout the build:smashin: so impressed we got them to build us a "normal" shed too i provided the doors (2 front doors £25 from b+q!) as the doors the provide were standard shed doors and i wanted something a bit more solid for the soundproofing and security so they built them into the frame

That looks really good, I'm just starting something similar in my garden, but my garden is pretty small, so a bit of careful planning is required, plus a lot of soundproofing as my neighbours are pretty close.

Bravo PJ :smashin: That is one truley amazing build :clap: Be sure to post some updated pics when you move your lawnmower, tools and empty paint cans into your shed :devil:

Will you ever go to the cinama again?

Love the setup! Well done. Great ambience! Mind if i ask which Ikea sofas you've got there? Love the colour. Do you have the link?

That looks really good, I'm just starting something similar in my garden, but my garden is pretty small, so a bit of careful planning is required, plus a lot of soundproofing as my neighbours are pretty close.
the sticky out bit on the front is a kind of "airlock"/porch which helps a bit with the soundproofing so there are 2 external doors (ill take some pics!) other than that its wood damp proof membrane polystyrene damp proof membrane then more wood! from outside you get the rumble and loud explosions as i was expecting but its very muffled and occasional u cant hear it from the house only as u get on the decking (i can hear the neighbours tv perfectly when they have the windows open! so nowhere near as bad as that)

Bravo PJ :smashin: That is one truley amazing build :clap: Be sure to post some updated pics when you move your lawnmower, tools and empty paint cans into your shed :devil:

Will you ever go to the cinama again?
gonna do some more pics in the week, and yes still go to the cinema at least once a week:thumbsup:

Love the setup! Well done. Great ambience! Mind if i ask which Ikea sofas you've got there? Love the colour. Do you have the link?
thx! the sofas were called "klamby klippan jumbo beige" they are not in the catalogue apparently they were something like a clearance from another country or one off prototypes that just get sent for stores for offers etc they had some the last time i went to the wednesbury store £129 iirc but they are not in any of the online catalogues as they are a once they are gone they are gone type of deal:( weird cause they were cheaper than the standard klippan ones but way more comfy!

thx! the sofas were called "klamby klippan jumbo beige" they are not in the catalogue apparently they were something like a clearance from another country or one off prototypes that just get sent for stores for offers etc they had some the last time i went to the wednesbury store £129 iirc but they are not in any of the online catalogues as they are a once they are gone they are gone type of deal:( weird cause they were cheaper than the standard klippan ones but way more comfy!

Damn... I was so keen on getting these sofas. In fact i was going to emulate your sofa layout. I may contact my local Ikea (Wembley) to see if they have this in stock. If Wednesbury have them i'll go so far as to drive out to the store with a hired van!!

That is truly, truly fantastic!! Thanks for posting pictures! I have to admit that "shed" is about the size of our garden :D

I've only one question - why not go for a fixed frame rather than what appears to be a motor/pull-down screen?

That is truly, truly fantastic!! Thanks for posting pictures! I have to admit that "shed" is about the size of our garden :D

I've only one question - why not go for a fixed frame rather than what appears to be a motor/pull-down screen?

it was purely down to price the screen that i got was £110 a bigger fixed frame was alot more and behind it i have the cabling ready for the day (if there is a day!) where i need the 2 front height speakers:smashin: having it brought forward a bit meant i could hide the cabling
i have a fixed screeen from my previous projector but it looked so small on the wall:eek: 86" iirc

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom