my home cinema room (in the garden!)

pj

in two weeks time (fingers crossed) work should start on building a large shed which will house the cinema room (i cant wait!)
as im picturing it now all the equipment will be behind me is there an easy way or a gadget that make sure the remote control signals will reach from where i am sitting without me flailing the remote behind my head each time
i would prefer to have the equipment at the back so it doesnt sit beneath the screen
the kit so far (still all in the boxes....must...resist...opening...and..playing:devil:)

onkyo 876
mission e series 7.1 speakers
panasonic ae-3000
projector screen 133"
sky-hd
and a myriad of consoles and players from my previous room R.I.P.
pics shall arrive asap

pj

the groundwork should start 2mrw:thumbsup:
this is where the building will be (where the fire is!)

Last edited:

diesel

That's a lovely garden you have there.

How big is the room going to be?
Cheers

Andy

pj

That's a lovely garden you have there.

How big is the room going to be?
Cheers

Andy
thank you:smashin: it is a great garden:) the room "should" be 20ft x 26ft
the mosaicy bit on the pic is where it will be (its not all my garden though! u have to split it down the middle, luckily my mum is my neighbour so we dont have fences separating them:thumbsup:)

pj

A very nice setting pj..:smashin:

One word of advice..since you haven't started building yet..
I would suggest that you narrow the room to 18'..
You are getting very close to a square room with your current dimensions, which is not good for sound reproduction..
thanks for the advice i was thinking with all the walls and interior the actual insides will probably work out nearer to 18, fingers crossed!
i just remembered the shape of the mosaic is not the actual shape of the room it was just the size within the borders for the planning guys to look at, the actual build will work on the garden below too for a few metres

Last edited:

diesel

Had to re-read your explanation. Looking at the 'mosaicy bit' I thought you had the worlds biggest solar panel array at the bottom of the garden.

How near are other houses to the boundary closest to the proposed location of your build?

If they are a similar distance away as yours and your mums your laughing.

Listen at reference levels:D

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Hello,

One question re the land you are building on - have you got your mum's agreement to build on her land in writing? You don't want to be in a pickle if/when your mum moves etc and the new neighbours (quite reasonably) want their land back. It's probably work consulting a solicitor to see what they suggest, if you haven't already of course.:)

When we bought our house it had some lovely stables at the end of the garden that the previous builder had built straddling (excuse the pun) the boundary with the land behind us. This had all been agreed verbally with the previous owner, but when she sold up the new owners wanted their land back. When we first saw the house I earmarked the stables as a workshop, but the whole issue was explained to us on the first viewing, so no nasty surprises. Our neighbours have very nicely paid to have everything put back as it should be (and we have gained 50 sq metres of garden as a result) - I can only imagine how annoyed I would have been if we had to pay for the work!

It looks like you'll have a terrific cinema room, much to my envy :devil: - do everything you can to make sure it isn't pulled down in the future.

Cheers.

pj

Had to re-read your explanation. Looking at the 'mosaicy bit' I thought you had the worlds biggest solar panel array at the bottom of the garden.

How near are other houses to the boundary closest to the proposed location of your build?

If they are a similar distance away as yours and your mums your laughing.

Listen at reference levels:D
it backs on to a school playground and the other houses are in line with mine bet they will feel the occasional rumble!:devil:

pj

Hello,

One question re the land you are building on - have you got your mum's agreement to build on her land in writing? You don't want to be in a pickle if/when your mum moves etc and the new neighbours (quite reasonably) want their land back. It's probably work consulting a solicitor to see what they suggest, if you haven't already of course.:)

When we bought our house it had some lovely stables at the end of the garden that the previous builder had built straddling (excuse the pun) the boundary with the land behind us. This had all been agreed verbally with the previous owner, but when she sold up the new owners wanted their land back. When we first saw the house I earmarked the stables as a workshop, but the whole issue was explained to us on the first viewing, so no nasty surprises. Our neighbours have very nicely paid to have everything put back as it should be (and we have gained 50 sq metres of garden as a result) - I can only imagine how annoyed I would have been if we had to pay for the work!

It looks like you'll have a terrific cinema room, much to my envy :devil: - do everything you can to make sure it isn't pulled down in the future.

Cheers.
thanks:thumbsup: we made sure its within the legal boundaries and checked with the local council planning office and they said it was all good (and that was when we were planning to make it a 30ft build!) it is still away from my mums boundaries too now (i need to update the overhead pic!)

pj

trees have gone and clearing commenced:thumbsup:

shynsingh

Hi, I am looking forward to seeing this progress - sounds ace.

pj

the frame for the base has been built just got to be levelled etc :thumbsup:

pj

pretty big day today!

gonna try the projector when it gets dark, just to get an idea of where to put things! :devil:

deefadog

Wow, that's massive :) As soon as i saw that space i automatically thought - SNOOKER TABLE :thumbsup:

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
Looks good. Make sure you future proof for cables etc in case you want to move subs around etc. And plenty of soundproofing.

pj

Wow, that's massive :) As soon as i saw that space i automatically thought - SNOOKER TABLE :thumbsup:
i was thinking air hockey table! but then i thought of the damage caused by the discs flying off the table which is what usually happens when i play it:smashin:

pj

Looks good. Make sure you future proof for cables etc in case you want to move subs around etc. And plenty of soundproofing.
thanks. they are putting stuff (rockwool iirc) in the voids for the insulation/soundproofing and ill probably add some acoustic panel type things if needed once its up and running if its too unbearable outside it, gonna add plenty of spare cables to the projector and extra speaker cable and phono cable incase i ever go 10.2 etc:thumbsup:

pj

just had a quick play with the projector in the room:eek: WOW
it would do floor to ceiling and beyond and still look amazing all whilst being projected onto bare timber and the damp proof membrane!
pictures dont do it any justice (phone cam!) if only i could get a screen that big:D i think my 130" will be big enough for now though:)

pj

the walls!

shodan

Distinguished Member
Looking fantastic!!! I'm VERY jealous!!!

pj

Leumas_10

Novice Member
Ah wow that screens going to be massive :D. I like watching the progress in this sort of thread, good stuff.

Sam

pj

a few more updates also learned that
1. im no good with a solder iron
2. paint drys ALOT darker than the tester pot!:eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus