1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Home Cinema Install

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gelf, Nov 8, 2001.

1. gelf

gelf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't post here very often but perhaps some of you can remember me asking for Projector advice some 6 months or so ago. Well after all the excellent advice and several demos I chose the Ellie XS2000HT.

I've recently created a short article on the install on my website. The address is http://www.dvdlard.co.uk. If your interested take a look and let me know what you think of my setup.

Cheers.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,
    Looking real good!!!

A couple of questions for you;-

(1)How much was the screen?

(2)what have you set peaking to on the Ellie?

Doug

3. gelf

gelf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Doug,

1) The screen was just about £500 after VAT and the remote control unit was £100. I believe that the remote is twice as much if you don't buy it with a projector.

2) The peaking is set at 4 although I've also set it to 0 and not notice any major difference between the two. All settings in between make a dramatic difference though.

4. AndyF

AndyF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

Please tell me that the power cable to the screen isn't going into the left end of the canister. I'm having the same screen fitted next week and have run cables to the right. :eek:

Andy.

5. gelf

gelf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andy,

Sorry to give you bad news, but I'm afraid that they are going into the left hand side. :(

6. AndyF

AndyF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh well, that's made my day. I suppose I'd better start drilling again :(

Thanks for the info'

Andy