• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My HK DV2550 (DV25) has stopped reading discs - help

Crocodile JD

Established Member
Hi Guys

I love the image and sound from this player but it has started spitting discs out more often than not. All the discs are proper versions and in some cases brand new never before played. Sometimes I can kick start the player into reading discs that it previously spit out by putting in one of its "favourate" discs such as Ice age or sometimes one of the other animated discs. But some discs it just wont accept at all.

I have read snippets eluding to laser problems with this player but there is very little to go on. Does anyone know any more, is there a known repair. I would love to keep the player if it could be repaired economically. Alternatively, what player would give me comparable picture and sound performance.

Thanks
Croc

sparticus

Established Member
Dont know anything about the HK but when dvd or cd players start getting fussy it is nearly always the laser. The reason why they start off by refusing some discs is pressings have different reflectivity. Eventually they die. They can all be repaired but for instance last time I tried to repair a Denon dvd-2200 they wouldnt even reply to my emails. Yamaha on the other hand are brilliant.
Regards

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom