Quantcast

My Head Hurts... Help? Yes... another which plasma

hamd01

Ok, I have been trolling through here for weeks trying to decide if I can justify a plasma, if it will be reasonably future proof, and which size I should go for.

I have decided that for our size of room, it will have to be a minimum of 37", maximum of 42".

I was in Currys yesturday looking at sizes, and they had a PC running HDTV hooked upto a Pana.... MY GOD!!! It was amazing, so I figure I MUST get HDTV compatible.

Progressive scan seems to be a must have.

Im not to bothered about in-built tunner as we use a pace freeview recorder with hard disk, DVD and probably Sky in the near future.

I would like DVI inputs etc.

Now for the cash side of things..... whats a realistic price to pay for all of the above? Richer Sounds seem to have some good deals, but not HD ready of DVI inputs. Could I get something for around the £1,200 mark?

Id really like to buy something which has some solid reviews, although that doesnt mean Im only interested in big brand names... just something which is tried n tested.

Thanks in my eager antisiption for ANY advice!

David

scarty16

Pioneer 435's, Panasonic 500's, Hitatchi 7XXX

All fit the bill but get a proper demo not a Currys special!!

Take a disc of your choosing, ie: sport, cartoon, freeview etc and see fpor yourself which you prefer.

hamd01

Don't suppose you have any links with decent prices for these?

Cheers

scarty16

Google, pricerunner and kelkoo are good starting pts as the prices change daily.

AV Sales and Direct Digital are worth a look as well

Be careful to compare the apples vs apples as alot of the stores have combi offers including "free" DVD recorders and pedastals etc

Top Bottom