My HD87 Demo

Electric_Haggis

Standard Member
I never pay too much attention to that spec, as there are so many other determining factors. But my previous Benq W5000 was rated at around 25dB in eco mode, and this would be about the same.
I sit closer than most (see here), but it's still quiet enough to ignore completely.

Electric_Haggis

Standard Member
I own an HD86 which came with firmware 1.1

Scratching my head over Image Capture.

I'm trying to replace the Optoma startup screen (with a focus test pattern, playing off my PS3 at 1080p/60)... but it appears to be inactive!

This reviewer seems to have had the same problem...

"Startup Image.
The HD8600 allows the user to change the startup screen from the default “Optoma” screen to a User captured screen.
The Image Capture section lets you perform the screen capture. For some reason this function was grayed out and I could not get it to work."

Thing is, I rang the local distributor, who successfully did it on their demo unit. Wierd.

Anyone?

Electric_Haggis

Standard Member
Just a quick question for anyone using the Standard lens.

How's your focus uniformity?

I can never quite get all for edges in perfect focus.
At any zoom level, if I achieve perfect focus for the centre, I end up with the far left side very slightly out, and the bottom right corner noticeably out.
This is not really obvious on most film material, but a lot more so when a test pattern is up.

Thanks in advance...

anibap

I own an HD86 which came with firmware 1.1

Scratching my head over Image Capture.

I'm trying to replace the Optoma startup screen (with a focus test pattern, playing off my PS3 at 1080p/60)... but it appears to be inactive!

This reviewer seems to have had the same problem...

"Startup Image.
The HD8600 allows the user to change the startup screen from the default “Optoma” screen to a User captured screen.
The Image Capture section lets you perform the screen capture. For some reason this function was grayed out and I could not get it to work."

Thing is, I rang the local distributor, who successfully did it on their demo unit. Wierd.

Anyone?

I had this feature on my Infocus IN72 or Optoma H27 (can't remember which one for sure). Only thing I remember is that this feature was only available with a particular type of connection - HDMi/Component/VGA

Not sure if it is the same in your case. Try a different source and it might work.

suttonr

Standard Member
does any one have the calibrated sttings for the hd87 i have a dark room but am useless at calibration tried a disc but couldnt figure it out some of the gregscales would not even show up think i must be doing something wrong but if anyone has done the setup it woud be much appreciated

currently tried
Mode: User
Contrast: -2
Brightness: 1
Gamma: Film, Curbe type 2, Offset 2
Colour Space Red: X +4 Y -1 Brightness 3
Colour Space Green: X -11 Y +8 Brightness -7
Colour Space Blue: X 0 Y +26 Brightness -13
Colour Space Yellow: X 26 Y -25 Brightness -1
Colour Space Cyan: X -17 Y 36 Brightness -4
Colour Space Magenta: X 35 Y 29 Brightness -2
R-Gain: 1
G-Gain: -2
B-Gain: 8
G-Cutoff: 4

I got these from another site but any help would be great.

Rob.

Canary_Jules

Hi Rob,

Sorry to disappoint but I have to say that using some else's settings is a bit of a pointless exercise. Every display is different and will require its own calibrated settings. This is especially true when it comes to projectors since the room surroundings have a radical effect on the image. I've calibrated displays for many clients who have used settings posted on forums and when I've taken measurements I've always found the degree of error to be significant. I think if anyone spends as much as an HD87 costs it's wise to get it professionally calibrated. I hope that helps. :)

does any one have the calibrated sttings for the hd87 i have a dark room but am useless at calibration tried a disc but couldnt figure it out some of the gregscales would not even show up think i must be doing something wrong but if anyone has done the setup it woud be much appreciated

currently tried
Mode: User
Contrast: -2
Brightness: 1
Gamma: Film, Curbe type 2, Offset 2
Colour Space Red: X +4 Y -1 Brightness 3
Colour Space Green: X -11 Y +8 Brightness -7
Colour Space Blue: X 0 Y +26 Brightness -13
Colour Space Yellow: X 26 Y -25 Brightness -1
Colour Space Cyan: X -17 Y 36 Brightness -4
Colour Space Magenta: X 35 Y 29 Brightness -2
R-Gain: 1
G-Gain: -2
B-Gain: 8
G-Cutoff: 4

I got these from another site but any help would be great.

Rob.

suttonr

Standard Member
Thanks for that i am sure you are right must have a look in the cheshire area if there is someone who can do this for me.

Rob.

Markymark86

Standard Member
great thanks for that will pm him.

Rob.

What are the calibration settings you ended up with? Could you post pictures or post the settings in full detail if it's possible?
Im going to try to calibrate my projector and since this is my frist time calibrating a projector I would like to have something to start from

suttonr

Standard Member
Hi

As canary jules said it is very dependant on the room shape size and wall colours etc. I can give you the settings i have but may or may not work for you. what i would say first is the job mark did was excellent and could not recomend him highly enough. If you are local to him i would personally get him round as the settings i give you could be way off for a particular setup. He actually did 3 different setup calibrations one for playstation one for sky and one for wd livehub all have completely different settings as they all output colours in a different way. The one i prefer is the wd livehub so have posted those numbers below.

I hope i do not annoy anyone by posting these not quite sure on the etiquette.

rob

Display mode cinema1
Contrast -13
brightness 8
colour 0
tint 0
sharpness 0

under advanced
noise reduction 0
dynamic black cinema 2
linse iris 3

Colour settings
colour temp d65
colour gamut native
colour space auto
rgb normal

cms settings
red x offset 1
y offset 27
brightness -28

green
x -26
y -49
brightness 14

blue
y 0
brightness -35

cyan
y 6
brightness -9

magenta
y 0
brightness -30

yellow
x -22
y-7
brightness -13

rgb gain
from my picture i cant see the writing on the left but the top 6 settings are
??? gain 0
green i think gain -3
blue gain -5
red bias -15
green bias -2
blue bias 11

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom