EddyHorn

Prominent Member
Reaction score
E1 Region Free Firmware here. :thumbsup:
RCE Hack.
1) Turn on player
2) Open tray, put disc in tray but don´t close
3) Push T.search on remote
4) Push 1, 3, 9 and "Region number" (e.g. 1 for US discs)
5) Push T. search on remote.

You will see TEST on your player

6) Press PLAY on the remote

When player is turned off, this setting is cleared.

Last edited by a moderator:
No it's the user name of a member on here.

Sounds good.

I see no reason for you to post this apart from starting a *My willy is bigger than your's thread* :rolleyes:

mate ive asked not to post the firmware im willing to help people but cant afford for a link to pop up on any forum..........

hddvdregionfree - good work man..

Can I ask - do you know if it is likely or possible that there will be a similar firmware fix to enable the ep35 to be region free?

Kind thanks

Berth

i dont understand what you mean , if you want to know if ive been and registered under a different name that is yes... im from a forum in another country ,im here to try and help people enjoy there player more........

Hi hddvdregionfree :)
If you could post and clearly state how you can help with the E1 region free,that will be great. :smashin:
Otherwise there is going to be post after post of confusion.
Cheers. :)

Hi hddvdregionfree :)
If you could post and clearly state how you can help with the E1 region free,that will be great. :smashin:
Otherwise there is going to be post after post of confusion.
Cheers. :)

hddvdregionfree is a previously banned poster. We have agreed that he can start posting again, but this time respecting the english forums are a little more 'conservative' than Australian ones.

Once you have the new firmware and burnt it to a disc, once finished, he has agreed the disc can then be passed onto someone to use.

Hope this clarifies for all concerned.

Once you have the new firmware and burnt it to a disc, once finished, he has agreed the disc can then be passed onto someone to use.

Hope this clarifies for all concerned.

Can I be first on the list to try the new firmware disc please - I will pass it onto the next person (i take it will work like the normal firmware discs...)

Sounds good.

I see no reason for you to post this apart from starting a *My willy is bigger than your's thread* :rolleyes:

I posted to let people know it's now available, where I got it and that it does work.

I posted to let people know it's now available, where I got it and that it does work.

he only did what i asked so please dont blame him he was more or less tring to let you guys know about it...
im happy for people to send disc around to each other...

I'll confirm for myself he's happy with that arrangement and then will happily send on to somebody else. You need to be on 2.5 or earlier though, won't work if you're on 2.7.

EDIT: Confirmed above so I'll send it on. I think Baldybouncer is first, please PM me with your address and i'll send it in the post.

A few questions.

Will future firmare updates remove the player's region free status?

Might future firmware updates fail, and effectively f:censored: up your player if it tries to replace 'unofficial' firmware?

Does the player become completely region free, or do you need to enter the region with every disc?

Cheers.

Steve W

AFAIK, it works the same as the XE1 firmware;

Auto Region free apart from RCE discs which reportedly don't work.

Future firmware updates still leave the player region free (I'm about to install 2.7 so will confirm shortly).

Anyone knows for sure if it works in a hd a2?? :rolleyes:

hddvdregionfree - good work man..

Can I ask - do you know if it is likely or possible that there will be a similar firmware fix to enable the ep35 to be region free?

Kind thanks

Berth

NICE ONE..... Its good to see ! :thumbsup:
As bertha said will there be one for the EP35, as concidering a purchase & this would be the icing on the christmas cake

RLT

It looks like it could be an early Happy Christmas to E1 owners then !

I was hoping the region free firmware would make it across from Oz. I'd love to receive the update disc, and would be happy to send it along to the next user.

Thanks hddvdregionfree - you've made a lot of people very happy :thumbsup:

Right then, I've just updated to 2.7; it installed without a problem and the player is still region free.

Just to make it clear you need to be on firmware 2.5 to install the region free firmware, if you've installed 2.7 then I'm afraid there's no way of installing it. I was on 2.3 and had to install 2.5 first. I can forward on firmware 2.5 on disc too if needed.

Unfortunately Baldybouncer is on 2.7 so there's no point me sending him the firmware. That makes Nic Rhodes next; Nic can you please confirm you're on 2.5 or earlier and PM me your details.

Wouldnt it be easier if someone just uploaded the image and passed the link on through PM?

please can you put me on the list for both a 2.5 firmware disk and the region free fix. Of course i will forward on to the next person in the list!

Shaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom