My Garage Home Cinema

1979scotte

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
After enjoying a peek at all the home cinemas here i thought i would give you guys the low down on mine.

I live in a back to back terrace three story town house of which the garage comprises most of the ground floor. It is 4.8m long by 2.5m wide and i sit about 3.4m from my 84 inch fixed frame screen.

The floor is ply raised on some batons, the walls are all lined with soundbloc plaster board with a layer of wallsorba Wallsorba | Soundsorba (the light blue stuff in the pics) which really helps to sound proof the room.

As you can see in the pics the room is painted matt blue. The reason: Focus was out of matt black the weekend i wanted to paint. No wonder they went bust. ;)

I have a few items of kit not listed in my sig. A toshiba ep-30 hd-dvd player donated by a friend who moved on to blu-ray. A antimode 8033c which really helped tame my sub along with an aurlex gramma which isolates the sub from the floor and i think is a must for someone like me on a wooden diy floor. Massively reduced vibration.

Love all the rest of my kit especially my JVC 750 projector and my monolith DF.

Special mention goes out to my Crystal Acoustics MM-BOX-UK which plays absolutely perfect blu-ray rips from a portable HDD as good as my marantz bd7004. Was recently reviewed by Home Cinema Choice magazine and it gets my recommendation as-well.

Also have a harmony 600. If you don`t have a harmony remote go buy one now.

Not really into making the room look super cool with led lights or prettying it up can`t see anything but 84 inches of HD when the lights go off anyway. :thumbsup:

Hope I`ve not bored anyone too much.
Thanks
Scott

Attachments

• DSCN0675.JPG
    DSCN0675.JPG
    212.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • DSCN0676.JPG
    DSCN0676.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 877
  • DSCN0677.JPG
    DSCN0677.JPG
    213.6 KB · Views: 866
  • DSCN0679.JPG
    DSCN0679.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 821
  • DSCN0681.JPG
    DSCN0681.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 840
  • DSCN0683.JPG
    DSCN0683.JPG
    216.9 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCN0684.JPG
    DSCN0684.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
None for the moment. Not keen on 3d i wear glasses so find an extra pair a problem so a new projector isn,t needed. Thank god! Took forever to pay for and i got mine cheap.

Just bought the monolith ( secondhand), the antimode, the auralex and the media matchbox so the fiancée is about ready to shoot me.

Do fancy new speakers had these 5 years and am feeling upgradeitus coming on.

Very nice, looks really good Scott :thumbsup:

The Crystal Acoustics MM-BOX looks interesting, I've been thinking about ripping all my old DVD's onto a HDD to free up some space but wasn't sure how to play them back.

Very nice, looks really good Scott :thumbsup:

The Crystal Acoustics MM-BOX looks interesting, I've been thinking about ripping all my old DVD's onto a HDD to free up some space but wasn't sure how to play them back.

Without a doubt it is excellent and cost effective. The box is £55 and a 2TB drive just over £80 on amazon a the mo. Plays almost everything.
Only downside no Ethernet/wireless capability.
Watched Rango and swapped between it and my disk player couldnt tell the difference.

New Kit!!!

Just got an Anthem MRX300 and Jamo D500 speakers with sub660.
Great improvement over the old kit and not even set up properly.
May post some pics later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom