• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

My Gaming Blog

Winnieee

Banned
Don't know if anyone is really interested in reading Blogs but I'm just trying to get some writing experience and the like. Hopefully get a few followers and regulars reading it.

Anyway, the link to the Blog is:
Gaming is Life

Not asking for anyone to be clicking ads and all that just trying to get myself recognised :)

Going to be updating when something pops up in my head and hopefully you will advise on what I'm doing wrong and right! Let me know via this thread or comment on the Blog posts :) Thank you! :thumbsup:

Winnieee

Banned
Cheers mate! :) Just need to figure out how to get some regular viewers :\

Winnieee

Banned
Please give me any sort of constructive criticism that I can use towards making this better and being a decent Blog. Thanks..

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer

Dinky Dragon

Please give me any sort of constructive criticism that I can use towards making this better and being a decent Blog. Thanks..

Dude it sucks ass...

Only kidding! It kicks it! Loved it, nice to see some good material like this on gaming.

I Loved how you recognised that most, if not all GS Addicts are overweight :D

Winnieee

Banned
Dude it sucks ass...

Only kidding! It kicks it! Loved it, nice to see some good material like this on gaming.

I Loved how you recognised that most, if not all GS Addicts are overweight :D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
As long as I know a few members are enjoying the material I just need to work on my writing skills.

Always good having some good feedback.
Will keep updating it as much as possible so basically, watch this space.. well.. that space.

Last edited:

Llamatronian

One thing I noticed (without wanting to sound like a grammar Nazi) is the use of there/their.

Other than that, it was a nice bite sized read. Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Winnieee

Banned
Yeah like I said, I'll be working on my writing and thanks for justifying my mistakes on their and there. I'm always doing it.

Dinky Dragon

Winnie if you want an editor...

Ill be more than happy to proof your work. You could email it to me and Id send you back both copies. :)

FlubWubJub

good start so far fella... i personally would've chosen wordpress over blogspot but that just my preference.

If you really want to make a go of things, it's all about the content, good quality content.
It's wise to get a few articles written up and then schedule them to post through the week.
For example, write say 3 or 4 articles this weekend then schedule them to post different times throughout the week, you are then a week ahead of yourself in terms of content, and if anything pops in to your head you can just post it as normal.
The ultimate goal would be to have a ton of articles written up ready to go and you just post the 'spur of the moment' or 'breaking news' posts as and when.

Why not open it up to some gamers on here and see if they want to write some articles for the site too - you don't have to use their content, but you never know, you may find a great new writing partner. :smashin:

Winnieee

Banned
good start so far fella... i personally would've chosen wordpress over blogspot but that just my preference.

If you really want to make a go of things, it's all about the content, good quality content.
It's wise to get a few articles written up and then schedule them to post through the week.
For example, write say 3 or 4 articles this weekend then schedule them to post different times throughout the week, you are then a week ahead of yourself in terms of content, and if anything pops in to your head you can just post it as normal.
The ultimate goal would be to have a ton of articles written up ready to go and you just post the 'spur of the moment' or 'breaking news' posts as and when.

Why not open it up to some gamers on here and see if they want to write some articles for the site too - you don't have to use their content, but you never know, you may find a great new writing partner. :smashin:

Sounds great, I was thinking about wordpress but once I downloaded it I couldn't set it up. Also you have to buy web space to host it? Am I right?

And I'll get back to you Darryl. PM me your email. I'll more than likely do it :)

Winnieee

Banned
Pfftt, the difference between .com and .org.
Think I'm gunna stick at Blogger for a while, wanna get a few viewers then I'll make them aware of the switchover.

Winnieee

Banned
Pfftt, the difference between .com and .org.
Think I'm gunna stick at Blogger for a while, wanna get a few viewers then I'll make them aware of the switchover.

Winnieee

Banned
Got a new template and post up. Hope it's going in the right direction..

Winnieee

Banned
Anybody been keeping up to date? Be expecting an update tomorrow.. (Later today seeing as it's just past midnight)

Winnieee

Banned
FINALLY!! Managed to get my account going again.. After a few dupe accounts to get it going I finally managed it.. Please don't delete this one.. Haha.

Quick update, laptops been off and will be restarting the blog very soon. Will keep everyone updated..

Cheers.

FullerAwesome

Looking good dude, but if you want hits, you really should get your own domain and go hosted, there's loads of options available. I see someone mentioned Wordpress, Google LOVES Wordpress, pages are indexed quicker, for example, I have a Black Ops blog running and get around 1k hits a month, it's only been up a little while.

Also, content is king, make it unique and interesting and the hits will come.

Finally, consider submitting articles to N4G, they dish out alot of hits to websites just like yours and can help with building an initial reader base, but the content has to be there.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Any chance of you taking time out from your Blog and sending me my copy of Dead Space back ??
Would be nice to actually get my game back at some point :rolleyes:

Winnieee

Banned
wowwww, I am soo sorry. Really forget about that! I actually seen it the other day and wondered where it came from but yeah will get that sorted this week. Sorry mate :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom