1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my gamecube purchase help required!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by snake II, Jul 24, 2002.

1. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hey guys im planning in purchasing the gamecube next week, but i only want one game due,
    coz i bought my new sony dvd player this week, and it cost, anyway i dont want any arcade type games( monkey ball) etc i want something which is a mature title (pal version) and is challeging and long, what game should i get?????????
    also games like luigis mansion i dont like what games can i get???

2. Squiffy

Squiffy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    You don't like Luigi's Mansion games - that rules out a whole swathe of future games.

You don't want aracade type games, which would rule out SMB, Rogue Leader, Super Smash Bros Melee, etc.

From the sounds of things, you should get an XBOX and Halo! ;)

3. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i certainly will not get a fat box by any chance, i like nintendo but i like games which are long are challenging, luigis mansion is a good game, but its too short and easy, i like games like, mario,zelda,resident evil, star fox, medal of honour:frontline, blood oman 2 but theses games are going to be released at a later date for the cube so what shall i get????
    is rougue leader any good?

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Rogue Leader is good and it is challanging, but you said you don't like arcade games which is a shame. IMO the game is at LEAST worthy of a rental, as is Pikmin and Super Monkey Ball. If you want challanging games then theres one right there. Its a shame to limit your gaming genres since I'm sure many will surprise you by being very good indeed (Harvest Moon springs to mind).

Eternal Darkness and Resident Evil are your best bets but they won't be out in the UK for a few months. Blood Omen 2 IMO is a pretty poor game anyway that is based on novelty rather than substantial gameplay. Soul Reaver would be better.

Anyways, I would suggest on renting a few games like RL, SMB, Pikmin and Luigi's Mansion. The ones that have said it was easy are the ones that have completed it, and since you don't own a GC just yet its well worth your time to do so. With the Gamecube remember, Nintendo are trying to offer a gaming experience like no other, rather than just having old ports and giving their games more levels, characters and calling it a sequel. That alone will not suit many and thats why I own a PS2 and a GC. Soon I will own an Xbox as well to have a complete picture.

5. snake II

snake II

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thnx for the advise mate, i think i will have to rent a few games which i didnt prefer to see what they are like, if i like them then i will follow suit and buy the game.