My Full HD projector doesn't display 1920*1080p why?

pure_geordie

As the title, I have already mentioned this in my post for HC-5500 owners thread but thought I'd mention it hear as it maybe helpful. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but when I put a full HD Film on (I Think) It didn't display 1920*1080p. It just said 1024*1080 any ideas why. Not sure If I have to setup anything but I'd thought it would just do it?

My source is the PS3(updated) using an Vivanco 10m Full 1080p cable and a Sony STR-DG820 Amp.

Ta:smashin:

Last edited:

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
As the title, I have already mentioned this in my post for HC-5500 owners thread but thought I'd mention it hear as it maybe helpful. Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but when I put a full HD Film on (I Think) It didn't display 1920*1080p. It just said 1024*1080 any ideas why. Not sure If I have to setup anything put I'd thought it would just do it?

My saource is the PS3(updated) using an Vivanco 10m Full 1080p cable and a Sony STR-DG820 Amp.

Ta:smashin:
Have you tried resetting the video outputs on the PS3. Hold the off button for a few seconds after start up (I think). It will then test the HDMI connection, and set up the optimum resolution. Although it may be a receiver issue, as I don't think the PS3 can output at 1024*1080:confused:

Have you tried the PS3 direct to the HC5500?

Is there any sort of blanking, or oversan function on (on the Hc5500)?

anibap

Is your PS3 set to 1080i or 1080p? I would check as a start.
Then check your PJ aspect ratio. It should be native if PS3 is set to 1080i/p or 16:9 so that the PJ scales the image to 1080.

pure_geordie

Right, My PS3 has all the boxes ticked for all resolutions. Do I need to switch off 1080i? The STR820 just passes through to HDMI O/Put so should be OK.

My projectors aspect ratio is 16:9, if that helps.

I think I may have my video setting wrong on my PS3, I thought you just leave them all ticked? I'm sure you just go into video setting and run the auto config instead of manual

Any Ideas?

Last edited:

pure_geordie

Just thinking about it I have not run the Video config settings on the PS3 but from what I can remember all the settings were ticked anyway. My PS3 used to be connected to a LG3000 LCD tv 720p TV do you think when I get home and auto config my Video settings again on the PS3 connected to my projector it should work?

I thought that if all the Video settings were ticked that it used the highest possible resolution from the source.

I played a FullHD movie and it came out at 1024*1080 and not 1920*1080p. Ahhh!

If I play a Blu Ray movie it should output 1920*1080p on the information bar? Or would it say 1024*1080?

Last edited:

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Anything other than 1080p will be upscaled by the projector to 1080p, so the Mitsubishi's don't state whether they are i or p :)

In other words, if it's not 1080p when it goes in, it is when it comes out.

Last edited:

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

John_byf

Novice Member
Just wondering - are you sure the fullHD movie file you are playing actually has a native resolution of 1920x1080, also - what connection method are you using?

If it's HDMI and you have the PS3 output set to 1920x1080 then it will upscale whatever is output to that resolution (and will do so very nicely).

If the connection is anything other than hdmi, e.g. component, then it will not upscale. In this situation, if you're file is actually 1024x1080 then that's what your projector would report.

regards

John

pure_geordie

I've sorted it.

It was odd because I know I had already automatically adjusted the video settings and it didn't work. Tryed them again by switching on and holding button down for 5 secs, then suddenly realised that I only have HDMI and now I couldn't see the screen. So I frantically searched the loft for my old s video cable for PS3 then got it up and running again.

Cheers:rolleyes: Thanks RickyJ & the rest of you lot.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom