1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My front speaker pair

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mattie, Nov 9, 2000.

1. Mattie

Mattie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are the sort of person who cares more about how your system _sounds_ rather than the manufacturer's name, you could do a lot worse than consider the front speakers I use - Wharfedale Mid-Field-Monitor 7's. They are full-size floorstanders, tall and narrow, with 3 6.5" drivers plus tweeter.

[​IMG]

I auditioned BW 603's and was about to buy them until I spotted these MFM 7's for £157 plus delivery on qxl (this link might not work forever)

I bought them, arrived a couple of days later and I vastly prefered the sound to the BWs I had heard. (I recognise the subjectivity of this statement, I'm just saying that I prefered them).

Wharfedale used to sell these for £650 but they are now discontinued.

Build quality could be higher but the sound quality is IMHO sublime. I've never found a magazine review but AudioReview.com has many consumer reviews which rate them highly as well.

Bottom line is, they are excellent VFM at approx £170. I know that the name has a budget feel to it, perhaps down to their consumer electronics marketing strategy, but these are great speakers and very cheap.

Worth knowing tho' is that they have an impedance of 6ohms, which is unusual. See the specifications for more info.

Mattie.

2. Dan Kelly

Dan Kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick (possably stupid) question...
    when you bought those M&M 7's on QXL, were you bidding on 1 or 2? i.e. when it says quantity "2" does that mean 1 speaker or 1 pair?

3. Dan Kelly

Dan Kelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oops! that should read 'quantity "1"'
    Makes more sence that way

4. Mattie

Mattie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Dan for not replying... I hadn't checked this thread for ages. The price was for a pair. But some auction sites list the single price with a minimum quantity of 2.