My First Week With The Bluesound Node 2i & 4 Major Streaming Services

The Studio Sublime plan is only if you are interested in getting the discount on Qobuz's hi-res download purchases - Qobuz sells the hi-res files for you to keep, as well as supply them via its streaming service.

The Studio Premier plan at £15 is the one to get if you just want Qobuz's hi-res streaming service.

The Studio Sublime plan is only if you are interested in getting the discount on Qobuz's hi-res download purchases - Qobuz sells the hi-res files for you to keep, as well as supply them via its streaming service.

The Studio Premier plan at £15 is the one to get if you just want Qobuz's hi-res streaming service.
I’ve just signed up for the £15 per month free trial and downloaded the app but for some reason it won’t accept my login details when I try and access Qobuz via the Bluesound app.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

I read a What HiFi article about Quboz a while back and I thought it said it was £25 a month or £250 per year. Just checked on Quboz and that appears to be for the the ‘studio sublime package’..actually £21 and not £25.

I see they doing a free trial. I think I’ll try it to compare with Amazon and keep which ever one I prefer.
I’ll have to see what that offers over what I’ve got then.

Be keen to know what your verdict is of Quboz

I’ll have to see what that offers over what I’ve got then.

Be keen to know what your verdict is of Quboz
I’ll let you know. I’ve signed up but can’t access it via the bluesound app for some reason. Keeps asking me to sign-in to it but then it won’t accept my password.

I’ll let you know. I’ve signed up but can’t access it via the bluesound app for some reason. Keeps asking me to sign-in to it but then it won’t accept my password.
Cheers. Have you try re-authenticating or whatever it is you do to link the services? Does your password work on the app / website itself? Mine didn’t first time round and I had to reset before I could use the app

Cheers. Have you try re-authenticating or whatever it is you do to link the services? Does your password work on the app / website itself? Mine didn’t first time round and I had to reset before I could use the app
The apps working fine. I’ll try and log in via the website tomorrow and then reset the password.

Not the most auspicious of starts😂 had a play around with the app and it seems quite intuitive and had most of the music I searched for so not all bad.

The apps working fine. I’ll try and log in via the website tomorrow and then reset the password.

Not the most auspicious of starts😂 had a play around with the app and it seems quite intuitive and had most of the music I searched for so not all bad.
No I guess not :rotfl:

The all itself it is good and it does integrate better than Amazon on BluOS. I have a 3 month trial of Amazon and just paid my first month of Quboz - at first I felt Amazon sounded better but now I’m leaning to Quboz. Although admittedly it’s very very close to be fair (on my kit anyway) however sadly Quboz is missing some of my favourite music.

No I guess not :rotfl:

The all itself it is good and it does integrate better than Amazon on BluOS. I have a 3 month trial of Amazon and just paid my first month of Quboz - at first I felt Amazon sounded better but now I’m leaning to Quboz. Although admittedly it’s very very close to be fair (on my kit anyway) however sadly Quboz is missing some of my favourite music.
I couldn't get the Quboz to work via the Node 2i app It would not accept my password after resetting it twice. So I cancelled it and my foray into Quboz turned out to be very brief ;)

I couldn't get the Quboz to work via the Node 2i app It would not accept my password after resetting it twice. So I cancelled it and my foray into Quboz turned out to be very brief ;)
Ahh that’s annoying

Ahh that’s annoying
I’ll stick with Amazon HD and Spotify. Hopefully Spotify will one day do a high res plan. I can then cancel Amazon....

I’ll stick with Amazon HD and Spotify. Hopefully Spotify will one day do a high res plan. I can then cancel Amazon....
Totally with you on that one

Last edited:
That would be welcomed. Given my Arcam has Spotify Connect may even make the Node 2i redundant guess we will see...

I am a very happy Qobuz and Node2i user. I signed up for Qobuz when it first launched and found it severely lacking so stuck with Spotify and then Tidal for many years. Left Tidal last spring and went back to Qobuz, very happy and works without any issues across 3 Node2i's, 4 Sonos systems and a headphone system via either my phone or laptop. I love music.....

Qobuz Studio is currently £150 for a year (so £12.50 a month). Sublime just gives you discounts on purchases but for me that isn't enough to pay the extra.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom