My first thread and false wall set up...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by N77, Jan 20, 2008.

1. N77

N77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have been on here a few months looking at all the threads on peoples set ups, some are simply amazing what people have achieve DIY.

This has inspried me to sort out my room and do some sort of feature aroiund the TV. I have really liked the idea of the floating wall people have done with the lighting behind it, it looks so cool.

So I am planning on doing something similar.

I don't suppose there are how tos to give me a bit of guidance, seen the various threads so I sort of get the idea of how to go about it, basicallly I have a 32" R series Samsung that I plan to wall mount onto the floating wall, The wall will come from the ceiling and then stop, this will then have the lighting around the three edges. What I need help on though is hiding the wires into the wall, as the false wall will not go to the floor. It is a false wall in between 2 bedrooms so i have heard this is easiest to do due to the lack of brick. My understanding is that I will need to find the supports on the wall and then mount some wood to this to act as a frame, then mount the mdf to this, is this correct ? Then I guess I would have to channel out the boarding of the wall out, place sume chunking in and then wire all it up, then cover over it ? the wall will be papered after so I could get away with pollyfiller maybe ?

Hopefully I should be starting the project next month, taking a few days oweing at work to get cracking, as the new bed will be coming next week so don't want it hanging around :)

In the meantime I have posted a few things I need to get rid of as I just won't have the room for them with the redesign, hope this is okay being I have not been on very long. I have been a member of a car forum for many years though and sold things on there without any problems if people are worried, I am a genuine person.

Thanks for your time

Carl

2. N77

N77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

All done :clap:

Finally everything is working now, got the lights on remote thanks to a thread on here, although thanks to here I ended up buying a Harmony remote too haha, but its worked out well, controls the lights on the tv, the tv itself and the main room light too, shame about the PS3 though :(

Been a few weeks in the making with a few set backs on the way, the usual scenario of you go to one job only to find out you need to do another job before you can do that one haha.

Really pleased with how it looks though and it really does go in nicely

Carl

3. pl@yer

[email protected]

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Looks good.

What size TV is it?

4. N77

N77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Its a 32"

Didn't want anything too big as when playing consoles you seem to get a bit more of a headache on larger tv's

Carl