1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first rearpro

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kissit, Mar 3, 2003.

1. kissit

kissit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am currently looking to buy my first rearpro tv. Ideally 42", and it is a minefield . I think i have narrowed it down to Samsung or Toshiba or a Sony if its in a sale. Samsung look nice but are they any good . Also the cheapest place ive seen to buy them is Robertsons online does anyone have any info on them any help would be appreciated
    thanks

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I've just bought a Toshiba 50" RPTV and am very happy indeed with it....I had a look at the Sony 44",the Samsungs,Thomson,and a couple of others.

For what it's worth,none of them came close except the Sony,and the picture on that was noticeably softer.

The Samsung has a very noticeable bright spot in the centre of the screen,allied with relatively poor contrast....it's cheaper,but I think you'd be disappointed in the long run.

3. NewBeetle

NewBeetle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,630
    If you don't mind graded stock, Robert Whyte are selling the Sony KP44-PS2 for £1099 (RRP £2800) got mine a hundered quid cheaper but they must be finding buyers as its sticking at £1099.

4. mjm01

mjm01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received my Toshiba 42PW23p last week, bought from www.unbeatable.co.uk for £1057.

Other than the fact that I think I need a bigger room so that I can sit further away from the set ... its pretty good ... great fun to be had playing around in service level convergence mode :smashin: