Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

My first +R DL backup and probs with Panasonic dvd player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by steviewilson, Aug 11, 2005.

1. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got an LG DL writer and made my first backup to test on my main DVD player, its a Panasonic DMR E50 Recorder. A good machine, good picture and sound etc but it doesnt like +r disks or RW either. I burned a backup of a disk I own to try if it plays DL disks and it doesnt - but I dunno if its the dl or +r that it doesnt like tho. Someone said something about book-type and that should play ok - apparently when burning to +r the lg auto sets to book type. The backup disk plays in my Yamada Divx player no problems ( a bit of toast would play on that tho, it plays everything) but the Panasonic says disk error or something, it wont play anyway.
    Any suggestions? Am I burning wrong? Im using Traxdata and burning at 2X, using dvddecrypter iso r then w.

Stevie
    Glasgow

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,584
    You need to ensure you acquire firmware that sets the booktype to DVD-ROM. How you do this depends upon which PC DVD burner you have. The LG models I have come across tend to allow it on DVD+R DL media but not with DVD+R(W). Have a look here for firmware updates and get LG specific advice here.

3. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,037
    I have the same recorder and also burn DVD+R DL bitsetted to DVD ROM. They are burnt using just DVD Decrypter and a Pioneer 109 writer. The discs work fine in the E50 Recorder and my Panny HS2 DVD/HD Recorder.

I am using Ritek Datasafe (Ritek D01 dye).

Single layer DVD+R/+RW bitsetted also works that are done on my Ricoh writer.