1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first projector demo

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sirata, Sep 29, 2003.

1. sirata

sirata

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    :p Travelled over to London,from Guernsey at the weekend,managed to call in at the what hi fi show,saw my first projector demos.

Saw an Epson,not sure what model,seemed very grainy and washed out,not very impressed if this is what all the fuss is about that i`ve been reading about for the past 2years.

Then i saw an Infocus screenplay,showing Moulin Rouge,this was in a different league,very vivid colours,looked filmic and had what i call "snap ", it seemed to jump off the screen.

The last demo i saw was an NEC 1000,Projecting onto what looked like a 7-8 ft wide screen,it was showing Johny English and
    Monsters,instantly i saw a small Rainbow,but no matter how hard i tried,moving my head quickly, blinking etc, i couldn`t see any more. I was very impressed with this projector and could see that this projector had the WOW factor for me. It was certainley like going to the movies. Anybody who got this for £1900 odd had a bargain. Leaving this demo and watching a plasma after was such
    a let down. As my wife says, size really is everything.

I`m looking to buy in 12-18months,so if i`m happy now i can`t wait to see what improvments NEC make in that timescale.

If any body saw that demo,do they know what was feeding it ?
    prog scan DVD, HTPC ???

Yours

a projector convert.