My first OLED tv (LG 65CX), i need some advice about burn-in!

turtuv

Hi guys! This is my first post in here,I bought my first OLED television, an LG 65CX and i’m so happy. I will receive it in a few days and i want to understand a couple of things regarding burn-in. I read a lot about it and i know that the CX has good tecnology to prevent it, but some things aren't clear to me.
For example, i read that the brightness has to be not to high and that it's not reccomended to use the tv for so many hours a day, but i use more that 12 hours a day since between me and my wife, there is always a person at home. Besides that, i read that it's not reccomeded to play games on it more than 6/7 hours a day and to not watch static tv content (like logos) for the same amount of time. But do they mean 7 hours of games/channel tv continuosly or in total?
How can i prevent burn-in at the end? I'm a little bit worried about it

leckie

Worries about burn in are often over inflated. Normal viewing regardless of how long won't cause an issue. If you're playing a game non-stop for 6-7 hours and it has fixed elements on the UI you may experience some issues but the panels are designed to mitigate the problem.

I have a 4 year old OLED (LG 55C6) which I game on, watch a lot of YouTube and sees a lot of usage in general. I may see a bit of burn in after immediately swapping sources but it goes away quickly.

Just enjoy your TV and try not to worry about it :).

turtuv

Worries about burn in are often over inflated. Normal viewing regardless of how long won't cause an issue. If you're playing a game non-stop for 6-7 hours and it has fixed elements on the UI you may experience some issues but the panels are designed to mitigate the problem.

I have a 4 year old OLED (LG 55C6) which I game on, watch a lot of YouTube and sees a lot of usage in general. I may see a bit of burn in after immediately swapping sources but it goes away quickly.

Just enjoy your TV and try not to worry about it :).

thank you, i will do!

ashenfie

I think have been issues with some c7 tv. This has been tracked down to faulty main boards over heating and causing burn-in. This indicates keeping the tv away from direct heat sources.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
I've been using mine as a PC desktop for 3-4 months. I'm using it now to write this forum post with plenty of static elements and no burn in yet FYI.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom